Hello all - first topic

AnnouncerSte

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

One that I'll always remember (I initially thought it was Lawler, but someone on here corrected me that it was that guy they had on the first RAW that they didn't keep around long) was when Yokozuna was stepping into the ring:

"He's got an ass like an amphitheatre."

I also remember Lawler having a couple for Santino during their feud, like "Santino is the reason why God gave us a middle finger", and "If Santino wants a friend, he's gonna have to buy a dog".

• Paid Members

Dusty:

"He gotta BICYCEW"

Also, during the WM match between Warrior and HHH, King said along the lines of

"... I've got a hot tip that when warrior stood on the scales it said to be continued. He's up to over 400lbs".

Honestly, when watching my tape recording before school the next morning I was highly concerned when King said that. It didn't help that me dad was shouting at me because I was going to be late for school and every second I had to wait until warrior eventually appeared following kings statement felt like a fucking hour.

On 8/31/2017 at 8:18 PM, sick love song said:

No one tried to sell the realism of a match like JR, he would even try to add stakes to a nothing match by selling it as the winner gets a bigger payday.

The commentators today still do that, I forget which show but I've heard it in WWE in the last week or so - I think it was someone justifying a heel cheating. "Nothing wrong with that, get to the pay window!"

3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

The commentators today still do that, I forget which show but I've heard it in WWE in the last week or so - I think it was someone justifying a heel cheating. "Nothing wrong with that, get to the pay window!"

Ah Great stuff! Must have missed that, admittedly I tend to catch up via highlights so i miss large chunks of the match.

Glad it's still used as its simple but adds so much more context to a wrestlers actions, I'd probably get a mate to throw talc in my colleagues eyes if it meant getting paid or not.

On 29/08/2017 at 10:36 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

The only time I've ever laughed at anything JBL has said on commentary, I think it was from Great American Bash 2007, and for some reason Michael Cole mentions about his wife being Latina, to which JBL fires back with "I'm more amazed that your wifes a woman!". You know he'd had that one on the back burner for ages

that's shit, Cole is gay jokes were dime a dozen during that period. Recently brought SvR2007 off amazon for like a quid and the commentary is full of it from Tazz

--

IRT JR's "spent more time on the canvas than Rembrandt" I remember that one from Survivors 98 where Duane Gill was Vince's handpicked mystery opponent for Mankind

There's one bit from SNME when they talk about the condition of a wrestler/manager (I think its Bobby Heenan) and Gene says

"Really who cares...." 

Jesse responds and pushes Mean Gene and says

"I CARE!!!" 

Think its on the start of the Best of SNME tape. The interplay between Jesse, Mean Gene and Vince works really well and puts over that Jess has empathy for his buddies like when he always puts over Rick Rude.

4 hours ago, air_raid said:

HHH : "There's a lot of bi things I am, but lingual is not one of 'em."

I love the "no, no wait! I didn't mean that" once he realised what he'd said too

Watching 1998 stuff it's baffling how Trips became such a big deal

Archived