• Moderators

I never understood why people held him in such high esteem. Seemed like it was for stupid shit like "he doesn't have spaceship engine noise on outside shots...because you know you can't hear anything in space right <adjusts fedora>"

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Always hated him. Never liked Buffy and I dislike it even more today- my wife decided to revisit her old box set of the show and it's aged terribly (and it was fucking rotten to begin with). Angel was also shit. There's no chance I'm watching Firefly because I'll hate it too. I try to stomach superhero movies because my five year old son loves them but let's be honest, they're also shit.

At least JJ Abrams partly redeemed himself because I quite liked The Force Awakens, but Whedon has nothing for me.

• Paid Members

You know that fucking awful cringe Ā terrible line in X-Men where Halle Berry goes "you know what happens when a toad gets struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else". Joss Whedon wrote that line.

He claimed Berry delivered it wrong.

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

You know that fucking awful cringe Ā terrible line in X-Men where Halle Berry goes "you know what happens when a toad gets struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else". Joss Whedon wrote that line.

He claimed Berry delivered it wrong.

Tbf Halle Berry is a terrible actress so there's probably plenty of blame on all sides. Many sides!

Enjoyed a lot of his work but never really liked him. Pretty sure rumors about him being a dick and cast members hating him, have been making the rounds for years so this backlash isn't much of a shock to me.

Whedon's "feminism" was always wank. And I say that as an unashamed Buffy fan.

• Paid Members

He was apprantly behind making Woody and Buzz not be sarcastic obnoxious arseholes as they were in the original Toy Story script. That is his only saving grace.

I suppose the first Avengers was pretty good too. That second one stank however

• Paid Members

He made a film starring all his Buffy and Angel chums during the writers strike ... based on Shakespeare ...Ā in his own house ... in black and white.

Does it get any more wanky and self indulgent than that!?

• Paid Members
On 22/08/2017 at 0:49 AM, Nick Soapdish said:

He was apprantly behind making Woody and Buzz not be sarcastic obnoxious arseholes as they were in the original Toy Story script. That is his only saving grace.

Saved the film and the following franchise according to many around Pixar.

Still a cunt though.

14 hours ago, Chunk said:

He made a film starring all his Buffy and Angel chums during the writers strike ... based on Shakespeare ...Ā in his own house ... in black and white.

Does it get any more wanky and self indulgent than that!?

Christ. First I've heard of that.

Can't say that I'm overly familiar with his work, as I never watched Buffy or Firefly, but I'm aware of his name and its connection to alot of the more recent Marvel movies. Having said that, I've always been sceptical of himĀ as people seemed to react to thingsĀ being "the greatest thing EVER~!" purely because he was involved in some way. He was another one who seemed to be on a list of people who could do no wrong, when in reality everyone is partial to putting out some absolute toss

Archived