• Paid Members

Now that everyone hates him (although I should point out I've hated him since the start of Buffy and I told you all so) and that is ex-wife says he's a sexist twat and his biggest fansite has closed down, let's all talk about why he's shit and a cunt or, if you want to be a wrong, why he's not.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Enjoyed Firefly but that was mainly due to Mal Reynolds. A character which - as Astro has alluded to - has been interchangeable and unfortunately diluted because of other characters with the exact same personality that he's written following that show.

At least Kevin Smith knows his limits and can ape himself. Whedon sees himself as some kind of persecuted martyr for geekdom.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

He had multiple affairs over the course of his marriage, which kinda contradicts him being this uber feminist.

The backlash started a month or so back when he was hired to do the Batgirl movie, and some people were all "as a feminist, he's perfect!" but then his old Wonder Woman screenplay leaked, and it was sexist garbage.

• Paid Members

Here he is blaming everyone else on the failure of translating his script to screen for Alien Resurrection :

I genuinely wouldn't put it past him if he dribbled that "mostly" in as some kind of smug nod to fans of Aliens...

"It wasn't a question of doing everything differently, although they changed the ending; it was mostly a matter of doing everything wrong. They said the lines...mostly...but they said them all wrong. And they cast it wrong. And they designed it wrong. And they scored it wrong. They did everything wrong that they could possibly do. There's actually a fascinating lesson in filmmaking, because everything that they did reflects back to the script or looks like something from the script, and people assume that, if I hated it, then they’d changed the script...but it wasn’t so much that they’d changed the script; it’s that they just executed it in such a ghastly fashion as to render it almost unwatchable."

• Paid Members

So much of the obviously Jeunet stuff in Alien: Resurrection is great. Those two were never going to work together in the first place but all of Whedon's stuff in that is awful. He didn't understand the franchise at all.

Archived