Ric Flair now just ill

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I know Dopper posted something in minor news, but it's Flair for goodness sake.

The medically induced coma aspect I can only find on TMZ at present, but the intensive care part has been confirmed.

Ric Flair is in a medically induced coma and is preparing for surgery ... a rep for the WWE tells TMZ Sports

The 68-year-old wrestling icon was admitted to the hospital early Saturday morning and the situation has gotten more serious.

Flair's rep had previously asked for thoughts and prayers for the Nature Boy. 

Hope to high heaven he does pull though, by a distance my favourite ever. One of those people that I thought would somehow get to about 160 and outlive us all. I watch so little nowadays, but a wrestling world without Naitch is one I can't countenance. He has been about forever.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw him managing Charlotte last year. The 2 guys next to me about 10 rows back. They were sat on the end of the row heckling him. He caught wind of what they said and gave them a great heel put down. Slips my mind what he said, but I was amazed he had quite a set of eyes and ears to notice them so far away from where he was.

Yeah, the greatest of all time for me, he embodies Pro Wrestling. I was just recently re-watching 95/96 Nitro and his feud with Savage, having cracking matches with undercard guys on TV like Guerrero and Alex Wright and making them look a million dollars.

Hoping and praying this has a happy ending because it would hit me the hardest of them all should it not.

• Paid Members

I remember going to one of the TNA house shows at the MEN Arena, and Flair was managing Beer Money against The British Invasion. Naitch got probably the biggest pop of the night and the intended face/heel dynamic got thrown right out of the window. As several have said here, Naitch IS Pro-wrestling. I'm so glad he seems to be on the mend.

• Paid Members

Update, from the Observer site. Doesn't seem like th heart was the major problem.

Ric Flair remains in critical condition as of last word in a hospital in Atlanta.

Flair underwent colon surgery yesterday to remove a blockage that was the catalyst for a number of different health issues that followed including kidney failure. Those in WWE were made aware that Flair is on kidney dialysis as well. A key is being able to get the kidneys back functioning.

The surgery was considered a success, but as noted there are more issues involved.

With fans and people within the pro wrestling industry sending well wishes for her father, Charlotte Flair posted a message thanking people for their support this morning.

Archived