UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs Branch - Sep 16

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Egg Shen said:

where are getting that idea from? Rockhold seemed pretty intent on staying at 185 post-fight.

“I’d love to [move up]. Trust me, I’m getting a little tired of these weight cuts,” Rockhold said. “I feel much better at 205, and I feel like I can do very well in there. I’ve got some business here [at 185 pounds].”

He went on to say that he won't move up until D.C moves on. However, I do like the idea of Rockhold moving up, whenever it happens.

• Paid Members

Gillespie vs Gonzalez was one of the most fun fights of the year for me. Loved the shit out of it. Two guys I'd seen fight before but wasn't that arsed about seeing again. But they went out and had an unexpected barnburner. Shades of Griffin vs Bonnar at times and it was just really entertaining to watch. I liked Gillespie's post-fight interview as well. Seems a good guy. 

It was a really exciting show on the whole. Some good fights and loads of big finishes. 

Gutted that Rockhold won. I was really hoping for Brownsville Branch to pull it off. He even came out to a Sean Price song which made me want him to win even more. Fair's fair though, Rockhold did the job. Once he got that first round out the way he seemed to shake the cobwebs off and went beast mode. Thought Branch was doing well early on. 

Rockhold's such a cheeseball though, isn't he? I cringed through his post-fight interview. I think he thinks he's a good talker but he's only marginally less shit than Tito Ortiz. But at least with Tito he'd say something so bad it was funny, Rockhold is just 100% facepalm. 

Feed him to Yoel. 

Mike Perry has got to be one of the most consistently exciting fighters on the roster. As much as I dislike him, I'm yet to see a boring fight out of him. Not a dull moment to be found. And now I'm confused. I don't know whether I want to see Perry vs Robbie Lawler or that Lawler vs Dos Anjos fight we were on about the other day. Can't lose either way, can we? I think I'd rather see Lawler vs RDA right now though. It makes more sense to me. Perry vs Raging Al wouldn't upset me. Stick that on a PPV or FOX and you're golden. 

Anthony Smith had another big win another come from behind stoppage. He's taking some serious punishment on the way to these wins though. And post-USADA Lombard continues to plummet. He still looked dangerous as fuck in bursts and might've even been winning the fight up until the stoppage. But I don't know, his flurries don't seem to have the same effect as they used to and the storms don't seem to last as long. 

Smith was like a man possessed though in this one. "HEY, HECTOR YOU KNOW MY NAME YET?" 

Kamaru Usman getting the big KO should bag him that name fight he's been after. 

Justin Ledet fight wasn't the best but he showed a nice jab throughout and really shut Anyanwu down for most of the fight bar the odd sloppy haymaker. Don't really get how the one judge had it for Anyanwu but there you go. I think there's better fights to come from both. Anyanwu came in on short notice and Ledet had to adjust to the late opponent switch. 

Olivier Aubin Mercier, or OAM as Cruz kept calling him, bores me. His fights aren't particularly bad, they just all look the same and never really get out of second gear. Never watched a fight of his I really enjoyed. 

And what about Uriah Hall? The knock on him has always been that he doesn't have the fighter mentality or his heart isn't really in it. But you have to give the man his due, to come back from that disaster of a first round where he was on the verge of being finished, to scoring that big knockout in the second, it was really impressive. It's not like he hasn't come back in fights before, the first Mousasi fight is the best example, but he's just not consistent. Still, when he's on he's a treat to watch. 

The Gilbert Burns KO! Jesus Christ. Who'd expect a one punch deathblow like that from a BJJ guy? 

So yeah, really entertaining show that was. Oh and I thought Paul Felder did a good job in his little stint on commentary with Cruz and Anik. Wouldn't mind more of him in that role in the future. 

• Paid Members

"Seraldo Babalu" 

Oh yeah, I forgot my favourite bit of the night. Francis Ngannou turning up dressed like a member of the Nation Of Domination circa 1997.

image.jpg

Saw people on twitter comparing his getup to James Earl Jones in Coming To America :laugh: 

image.jpg

"I'VE COME TO SEE AKEEM!"

• Paid Members

nah, bugger RDA/Lawler. 2 fights were made for us last night at 170. Usman/RDA, Lawler/Perry.

Usman could be the boogeyman at 170. He's flown under the radar since TUF but he's racked up a decent win streak and the KO last night out people on notice. The attitude/call out at the end gets bonus points from me too, it was the kind of performance that demands a higher level opponent and Dos Anjos fits that bill perfectly. Both fresh off wins too so lets set it up.

Gotta give props to Urijah Hall, he must be reading the forum because he bit down and survived a terrible first round to win big against Jotko, i didn't think he had it in him.

I can't recall a better night of finishes for some time than this one overall in the UFC.

• Paid Members

Brilliant.

Francis seems to always very nearly steal the show with his get up. A few months ago he was wearing a killer suit and shades in doors because his future is so bright.

Oh aye, and fair play to Hall. He's still not the next Anderson Silva, but he showed more bollocks than even old CB during that.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't mind RDA vs Usman but is RDA going to go for that at this stage? He's coming off a ridiculous performance against Neil Magny. I'd say he's onto bigger and better things than a fight with Usman which let's face it, doesn't do much for RDA. A fight with someone like Robbie Lawler is where it's at for RDA. Someone that's going to get him in the mix for a title shot. 

• Paid Members

That'd work. I forgot about The Ponz. There's so many options at 170 it's insane. 

I still really want to see Perry vs Iaquinta after they went at it on twitter a few months back. I know it makes little sense and Iaquinta's a 155er and busy selling houses but I'd love to see it if they can make it happen. I think those two would be magic. In cage and the build up. 

Archived