Football Predictions League 2017-18

Fog Dude

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like a Scottish Marathon runner.Enjoyed a comfortable lead for a while, then collapsed with the finishing line in sight. Congrats to MVP and thanks for running the competition Foggy. I know with running the Rumble Lottery it is a pain in the arse, but to do it for over 9 months takes some commitment. 

Glenryck, I am totally in awe of you running 3 Rumble lotteries over the past 4 months. That's a far bigger commitment over a shorter period of time! At least this competition becomes part of my weekly routine rather than some additonal disruption once (or twice, in this case) per year. 

Thanks to Briefcase and Vegeta for their kind words, and to everyone else who played along this season too. Congrats once more to @MVP RULZ for winning. There's just one now-traditional bit of housekeeping left, which I'm not going to let drag on into June as I sometimes have done in years gone by, and that's the embedded final table that means 2017-18 is in the books and it's all official and preserved in aspic for posterity's sake: 

b7hVlN2.png

The new 'average' stat is a weekly mean that's actually a pretty simple calculation. It takes into account that some people missed rounds fully, but doesn't adjust for where they picked late – and this time wouldn't have changed the order of things anyway. On top of winning the Cup, Briefcase notably got the most three-pointers, but that only amounted to one per week. Last year Stinky won with over 400 points and Vegeta managed over 200 one-pointers, so either this season had much crazier results, or we need to pull our fingers out... or I just need to find 'easier' fixtures next time!

Thank you all once again. Enjoy the Cup finals tomorrow, the Champions League final next weekend and the World Cup. While you're all taking in the opening ceremony and a bore draw between Russia and Saudi Arabia, I'll be busy poring over the fixtures that will have been published earlier that day and fleshing out the skeleton of a plan for next season. Depending on numbers and the precise schedule, a new innovation might be a group stage for the FPL Cup instead of simply cramming it into the last month of the calendar. 

A sign-up thread for 2018-19 ought to appear sometime soon after the World Cup final, and all being well the first set of 10 for that season should be released in the early hours of Wednesday, the 8th of August. In the meantime, have a nice summer.

Great job running things as allways @Fog Dude 

Pleasently surprised at my win and reclaiming my title once again as early on in the season I was languishing towards the lower ends of the standings.

But got back on track 2nd half of the season aided by some timely bonus points as well.

Look forward to next season and attempting to defend my title 

Thanks for running the prediction league once again. Will be back again next season with some exotic D2D picks as usual.

Just like in WW2, I was coasting to victory in the early going before it all went tits up.

Archived