UFC 215: Nunes vs Shevchenko 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, wandshogun09 said:

I just read that Bhullar asked to wear his turban during his entrance and the UFC refused. 

Classy that. 

Just heard the MMA fighting wrap up show. They seem to think it was a combination of late notification by Bhullar and Reebok having exclusivity on any headgear that UFC fighters wear. Does seem a little silly that they couldn't figure it out.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

ive only just got to see the show...

125 still has some interesting avenues. Im assuming they'll still go with DJ/Borg, but having seen that performance from Cejudo i'd love to see a DJ/Cejudo do-over. It's the one fight i wanted to see again anyways, Cejudo was the one guy DJ didn't completely out-class to the point where i'd think it was pointless to see again, it was DJ's only real blowout victory and seeing Cejudo's improvements it's definitely worth another go around.

No one's talking about poor Joe Benavidez though :laugh: he beat Cejudo last fight out and is currently ranked at #1, i don't think anyone wants DJ/Benavidez 3 though, what a strange position to be in.

I might go something like: Pettis vs. Cejudo, Benavidez vs. Nguyen whilst Borg/DJ plays out and see where we stand after that.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, David said:

I'm sure the same thing happened to Paul Craig wanting to wear a kilt to the cage in Glasgow. Reebok have exclusivity over all fighter gear.

They cover the issue a bit further on the MMA hour in an interview with Bhullar. There does seem to have been a massive lack of knowledge on the issue. The UFC/Reebok come out of these situations looking very silly.

11 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

No one's talking about poor Joe Benavidez though :laugh: he beat Cejudo last fight out and is currently ranked at #1, i don't think anyone wants DJ/Benavidez 3 though, what a strange position to be in.

The problem is that anyone with the ability to use their eyes knows that Cejudo won that fight. Easily one of the biggest robberies in recent times - and it has made a bit of a mess of the top of the division.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

was it that much of a robbery? i think i had Cejudo shading it.

Yeah it wasn't a robbery, but like you I had Cejudo winning.

A Cejudo with the striking improvement we saw could be lethal if he's improved as much as we think he has. The thing is I would like to see use his top class wrestling more than he has done so far. 

Archived