UFC 215: Nunes vs Shevchenko 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Dana has done his best to deter most people from looking forward to the Mouse vs Borg fight, but I'm quite amped about it. I know Johnson isn't the most charismatic fighter on the roster, but when he's in the cage there's few better. He's poetry in motion, and is as close as it gets to a video game character with every characteristic set up at the maximum level.

I'm not entirely sold on Borg to be honest though, his record is dicey and he's not a big finisher. I don't see him winning this one.

• Paid Members

Yeah, that's the thing. Borg is decent enough but you need to be way better than decent against Mighty Mouse. It sounds harsh but Borg's really only getting this title shot because DJ has already ran through pretty much everyone else in the division. He deserves his chance like anyone else but it's most likely going to be a total squash match. 

I just look at DJ's title defences now simply as another chance to see him do his thing. It's usually more of a showcase than a fight. But I'm looking forward to seeing him back in there. He's going to break Anderson's record for most title defences with this one as well. 

• Paid Members

That's true. But either way, unless someone emerges out of nowhere and dethrones Mighty Johnson, he's most likely going to end up smashing Anderson's record by a few defences anyway. I can't see anyone in the immediate future stopping DJ's reign at 125. 

• Paid Members

Arjan Singh Bhullar fights Luis Enrique on this card. At heavyweight.

Bhullar wrestled for Canada at the 3012 Olympics and has been training at ATT. He'll also have WWE champion Jinder Mahal walking him to the cage.

Would anyone know when this will be positioned on the card. Will it make the BT Broadcast. Or is it more likely to be on Fight Pass?

• Paid Members

the first time travelling MMA fighter?

in all seriousness i'll check out his fight, just hearing a little bit of info like hes an Olympian gets me a little intrigued. I posted it in the Amsterdam thread but they did a great job last week of hyping the prelim fighters before they got in the cage.

...the fight is on the Fight Pass prelims.

I actually think the opposite- Conor vs. Floyd could have enticed people to see what this whole UFC thing is about after the McGregor crossover. Having said that, I don't think it will be a great performing show at all, but it'll do marginally better than the usual Mighty Mouse show at around 150,000 buys.

...Forgot about GGG-Canelo. But I'm referring more to the casual combat sports fan that would only watch boxing for a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight maybe.

• Paid Members

i dont think that'll be the case, i think its a bit of a mute argument that people who have any interest in combat sports still dont know what they are getting with the UFC. Even if there were there's enough of it on free TV to make them not shill out the PPV money. This show tanks. 

• Paid Members

FYI, Cody Garbrandt said on Rogan's podcast that his plan, before his surgery, was to defend against TJ, then move down a weight to fight DJ at MSG. Cody reckons he can make the weight with no problems.

No idea is it's still in his plans, because Cruz will probably be ready to go early next year. Some fight, though.

Archived