Great Individual/One-Off Matches

RoryFice

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Undefeated Steak said:

May be misremembering it but I don't think there was any real build to it, but Edge and Flair had a cracking TLC match on an episode of Raw about 10 years ago.

Flair beat Edge by DQ earlier on the New Year's Revolution PPV where Edge cashed in the first ever MITB. 

On 02/08/2017 at 10:56 PM, Undefeated Steak said:

May be misremembering it but I don't think there was any real build to it, but Edge and Flair had a cracking TLC match on an episode of Raw about 10 years ago.

On the subject of latter day Flair, his Extreme Rules Match with Big Show is all kinds of fun/all kinds of wrong/all kinds of awesome. 

On 01/08/2017 at 10:14 PM, PSF said:

Already mentioned but HHH  vs Hardcore Holly for the WWE title on heat is my favourite. Brilliant match and for a minute it looked like HHH was losing the title after a Holly dropkick. You've got to be good to sucker you in that much that you thought it might be possible that the title might change hands on Heat.....to Holly.....after a dropkick!

Except, it was a non-title match. The pre-match confrontation in the dressing room featured Holly stealing HHH's fruit, then challenging HHH to a match. Trips laughs and tells him he's at the back of the line, to which Holly replies "It doesn't have to be for the title, I think I can beat you." Triple H then accepts the non-title challenge.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

this thread is right up my street. Reminds of those real random one off matches you'd fine on VHS tapes like World Tour '91. I used to be fascinated by those match listings.

Fan request match. Thanks to Trevor from Long Island who wrote in and asked to see The Berzerker vs. Koko B Ware in a 90 minute iron match filmed in a dark, quarter full Boston Garden and, somehow, ending in a count out. Here you go.

Archived