UKFF FPL Draft (and general FPL discussion)

SpursRiot2012

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite pleased with my squad to be honest...

GK - Ederson and Boruc - Hopefully poor Artur won't get much of a look in. Ederson's done well pre-season and hopefully City can finally find a keeper they can depend on.

DF - Alexander-Arnold, Pieters, Mustafi, Mendy, Darmian - Not really a fan of the latter but United won't concede many. Mendy looked great for Monaco but he comes with a big price tag and City's big money defensive purchases haven't been without question in the past. Pieters and Mustafi should get games and from what I've seen of TAA pre-season he looks great - he'll be LFC's first choice RB for years to come and will displace the unfancied Clyne this season.

MF - Kante, Salah, Zaha, Gray, Son - I love Son! Really came on in leaps and bounds last season and hopefully he can keep that up. Gray and Zaha are two great young talents that could find themselves at better, bigger clubs come the turn of September. Kante will always get games, tackles and passes and Salah has been a revelation at LFC preseason - 4 goals so far and could be the 'value' signing of the Summer!

ST - Janssen, Sturridge, Lacazette - Quite excited by these strikers - Sturridge, IF he can stay fit will score bagfuls - easy a 20 goal a season striker - but keep him fit! Lacazette will do well this year and Janssen has much to prove after a difficult first season.

All in all not a bad 15 at all. So....relegation then.

• Paid Members

Well I'm dead last.  Must have jinxed it with the team name.  I did choose it before he became ill though.  Can I change it to Paul Danan United?

• Paid Members

Argh. Maybe I'm just an optimist but I feel in my waters that Harry Kane is going to get goals on Sunday and I am debating whether or not to triple captain him in my normal FPL team. 

How are people doing in standard FPL, if they're playing it? 

45 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

How are people doing in standard FPL, if they're playing it?

Shite.  I set a "Placeholder" team so I could join various private leagues and forgot about it as, to be honest, the draft was all I was thinking about.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Shite.  I set a "Placeholder" team so I could join various private leagues and forgot about it as, to be honest, the draft was all I was thinking about.

I'm in a work league and have kinda got a bit into it, much more so than most years.

I just went fucking mental and used my wildcard ridiculously early. I'm now relying on Kane, Lukaku, Lazazette, Alli, Mane, Can, Xhaka and Cedric to pull in enough points between them to offset the rest of my fairly shitty team which is Mee, Zanka (who did well last week but I don't see him picking up loads of clean sheets with Huddersfield), Rosenior, Kyle Walker-Peters (who, again, did well last week but isn't a long-term starter) and Carroll (who I actually have decent hopes for as the season progresses as a decent sub). Goalkeepers are Elliot and Foster, which are pretty much set-and-forget.

I picked up 52 points in GW1, which is just below average. Need my strikers and midfield to really bang this weekend. 

Back to our draft league... Uh, by the way, which one of you swooped in and stole Mounie from me? I put a waiver request in to swap him for Solanke and see he's been signed by 'CB'!

I'm so happy the football season is back.

• Paid Members

I managed to bring in Yoshida, Mooy and Can by dumping Milijovecic, Antonio and Danny Rose. Not sure if it's an upgrade yet or not, but at least they are all fit to play the next couple of game weeks. 

On 18/08/2017 at 8:49 PM, SpursRiot2012 said:

Back to our draft league... Uh, by the way, which one of you swooped in and stole Mounie from me? I put a waiver request in to swap him for Solanke and see he's been signed by 'CB'!

I'm so happy the football season is back.

That would be me! My strike force looked a bit toothless and as soon as I saw Mounie's performance against Palace I thought I better swoop in for him to replace Berahino.

Archived