UFC Fight Night: Pettis vs Moreno - Aug 5

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, wandshogun09 said:

I can't even think who they can put Rashad in there with next time. Who's lower on the ladder at middleweight than Sam Alvey and Dan Kelly who's also not likely to badly hurt him? It's getting to that point now where it's hard to matchmake for him, and hard to watch when you do. 

Good point. The world doesn't need to see a repeat of Cormier vs Hendo. 

Machida's suspension is up in October. He'll be 39 and coming off a 2 year lay-off. That's probably the most reasonable match-up for Rashad at this stage. I don't want to see it though. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I forgot Machida existed, to be honest. I could see that happening, although I don't want to. 

The thing is, once you start thinking in terms of 'who can we put him against who's not going to fuck him up?' I mean, what's happening really? That should be a big red flag to the UFC matchmakers and to Rashad's team and Rashad himself that it's about that time to stop. 

Although they're not getting KO'd every fight like Liddell and Bigfoot were at the end, I'm just as uncomfortable watching guys like Rashad and BJ Penn. You can just see they don't have it in them anymore. At least in the case of Liddell, he looked as aggressive and pretty much as dangerous as ever offensively. His chin just couldn't stand up to the shots anymore. It was absolutely the right time to get out but at least he was always in the fights. With Rashad and BJ, even though they've scaled back their level of opposition big time they can't fucking buy a win these days. 

Imagine in 2009 if someone told you that one day Rashad would be losing to nobodies on the second fight on a Fight Night in Mexico. And that BJ Penn wouldn't be able to beat Dennis Siver. Those guys were beasts back then. You never know what's down the line. The next wave of MMA UKFFers will probably be having this very conversation about Jon Jones one day. Father Time's a cunt. 

Archived