LPW High Voltage

LPW

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No,  I personally think its for a number of reasons but I feel the main reason is I did not promote hard enough in the past and did not have help as I do now and I have more heart tha ever to push it and make it work.

• neil featured and unfeatured this topic

Not to turn this into another critique thread but have you given thought to upping your social media profile in a big way? 

I follow LPW on twitter and I'm part of a very elite group of less than 50 that actually do. No excuse for that. You've used the account to say along the lines 'thanks for the autograph, it was lovely to meet you' to lasses off the telly which I'm sure you can leave to the personal account. Promoting isn't just about making sure your flyers stay up, and posting on here to the same few dozen won't achieve much. Social media is a wrestling company's (or indeed most companies really) most important tool, and twitter is the best for finding a bunch of relevant, local wrestling fans in a short space of time.

I highly, highly recommend you find someone with the skill set to help raise LPW's profile online, or you're gonna get left behind in today's highly competitive UK wrestling scene.

All that said, best of luck with the upcoming shows :)

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Why has this event had two name changes already? Hardly screams professional or that you've learned anything.

To be fair, maybe someone had a word with him about calling it "Super Sunday", with all the implications about copyright and whatnot. I doubt Sky would be interested or even care, but you never know sometimes.

A shame. I thought "Super Sunday" was a great name for a wrestling show - gave it a "watching sports down the pub" feel.

The twitter page was a personal account and I did think I removed all personal stuff but I look into it.  I changed the name first time due to another company using it in Leeds, then I changed it to Super Saturday not Sunday but when I got the poster there was a different event name so I changed it on social media. Also I would like help with social media but I don't feel I can trust anyone due to past mistakes and other people who can't be trusted.

LPW Super Saturday will return next year.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LPW said:

The twitter page was a personal account and I did think I removed all personal stuff but I look into it.  I changed the name first time due to another company using it in Leeds, then I changed it to Super Saturday not Sunday but when I got the poster there was a different event name so I changed it on social media. Also I would like help with social media but I don't feel I can trust anyone due to past mistakes and other people who can't be trusted.

LPW Super Saturday will return next year.

Surely you dictate the name that goes on the posters? :confused:

10 hours ago, Carbomb said:

To be fair, maybe someone had a word with him about calling it "Super Sunday", with all the implications about copyright and whatnot. I doubt Sky would be interested or even care, but you never know sometimes.

A shame. I thought "Super Sunday" was a great name for a wrestling show - gave it a "watching sports down the pub" feel.

Yeah, Super Sunday would be wonderful.

I do hope with this one being called "High Voltage" we are going to see shows chronologically named after Electric 6 singles.  The next one should be a doozy.

• Paid Members

You would need to be careful with that though @mim731 because LPW Naked Pictures (Of Your Mother) is probably not appropriate for a family show.

I have a question though Adam. What do you feel is the most important thing you have learned in your time putting on shows?

Archived