The UKFF's ULTIMATE Action Hero [WINNER ANNOUNCED]

John Matrix

• Paid Members

Update for you all, i've had no new submissions for the past day and a bit, so will definately wrap the nomination phase at 5pm on Friday.

There's been 71 different nominations, a few stand outs and a very competitive chasing pack - so, to confirm, we'll invoke the UKFF50 stage two process whereby i'll publish over the weekend, a shortlist of the characters who received the most nominations and ask you to rank them 1 to 10.

Your first placed nomination will receive 10 points, second place 9 and so on..

Please note, i'll be awarding points on the same basis, based on the number of nominations each received during stage one so they are appropriately weighted heading into stage two.  Your points will be added to this total which should account for 'bloody hell, forgot about that one, thats my top choice now' scenarios.

Any questions, don't hesitate to shout and in the meantime, if you get the luxury of a few mins between now and Friday, i'd love to see your lists - don't worry if you dont have time to elaborate at this stage, we can pick that up afterwards - chasing pack is VERY close, so your vote could make a big difference in the final rankings.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It's your gig, but I'm not a fan of revealing the top ten or any of the list and going for the second vote.  I like the surprise element of who might be next. 

Plus having a list with Boon as 1-10 limits the scope for ranking. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It's your gig, but I'm not a fan of revealing the top ten or any of the list and going for the second vote.  I like the surprise element of who might be next. 

Absolute considered that, and happy to consider alternatives, it's just that chasing pack is so close, a whole cluster who've received the same number of nominations your otherwise relying on me to pick the ones i prefer - absolutely open to suggestions.  Poll is for the many, not the few

• Paid Members

Got to agree to Keith and Chest mate, the surprise and write ups are the key, having numerous people tied isn't a bother.

I much preferred watching a rumble not knowing who half the entrants were going to be prior, and 100% can't stand finding out which number they'd drawn.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

So guys, in light of feedback, i've just spent the morning working on a sophisticated new scoring algorithm and well fuck me if it isn't tighter than a ducks bum at either end of the league table right now.

The scoring has taken care of itself and we have a definitive countdown from 1 to 10, however just five points separate first and second place and more importantly there's currently a THREE WAY TIE for the coveted number 10 spot one of which being a well known UKFF favourite.

So if you haven't already and fancy taking part, please send your list ordered from 1 to 10 by 5pm tomorrow, your vote could make all the difference.

* Hyperbole aside, thank you so much to everyone who's taken the time to send me a list!  I really appreciate it.  Tough old time at the mo and as silly as it may be, this has been a lovely distraction.

• Paid Members

I've got half a list. It's been far harder than I thought, possibly because all the top tier action heroes merge their characters and actors, so Stallone is the guy in First Blood.

This leads me to feel guilty about giving too many nominations to one actor.