The UKFF's ULTIMATE Action Hero [WINNER ANNOUNCED]

John Matrix

21 minutes ago, John Matrix said:

I neglected to mention in my write up that I think, subconsciously, my enjoyment of Taken is intrinsically linked to that fact I'm pretty certain it's essentially the thinking mans Commando.

More like the wanking man's Commando. Liam Neesons can't do a punch without 15 cuts to the action, all the while Arnie has fired approximately 15,000 rounds out of a Browning M60, causing 3 sheds to explode and a dozen stuntmen to back-flip over a hedge.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

And of course, the bad guy / Zodiac Killer (that's Rellik spelt backwards) from the first Dirty Harry was Garak from Deep Space 9!

Andrew Robinson's a thoroughly excellent actor - Garak was one of the best characters in DS9, incredibly sinister yet likable. Never understood why Robinson never went on to do bigger things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Guys, in true UKFF tradition, just wanted to give a wholehearted apology for the big gap here.  Combination of early discharge from hospital and my freelance stuff going through the roof, ive just struggled to churn these out.  Apologies, will be making a concerted effort over the weekend to get things back on track.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Right my luvvers.  This isnt the first, and certainly won't be the last UKFF 'project' thwarted by the interjection of real life pressures and priorities, but I DONT want it to die a death.

Countdown will recommence this evening, but, i'm afraid, sans write ups.  I'm massively grateful to the many of you who voted, but I didn't get huge amounts in terms of input and reasoning, and finding the time to put them together has so far proved impossible.  Once we hit the top 5, i'll get back to work, but I got brilliant take up on this, so it's only right I see it through, albeit in a slightly diluted format.

Thanks for bearing with me, and apologies.  

commando_watch.JPG

• Paid Members

So not only have you had to endure an extensive delay, it turns out I made a complete fucking hash of the numbering system, tis in fact a top 25, NOT a top 20.

Updated rankings are below.

#17 - Harry Callaghan / Bryan Mills

#18 - Ben Richards

#19 - John Wick

#20 - Rama

#21 - Jack Burton

#22 - Ash Williams

#23 - Mad Max

#24 - Colt Seavers

#25 - Jason Bourne

We hit some congestion as we reach mid-table and it's another tie in 16th place with two titans deservedly claiming their spot in this most prestigious list...

#16 [Joint] The Man With No Name

51bbkWsHRfL._SX466_.jpg

#16 [Joint] Conan The Barbarian

conan-the-barbarian-arnold-21.jpg