Herb Albert

Geri Halliwell

Melanie Brown

Emma Bunton

Melanie C

Victoria Beckham

Ā 

Which is sheer genius.

The guy on Twitter that spotted it was today immortalised in this piece commissioned by the Colonel:

RXQIMbi.jpg

• Paid Members

That frog isn't an alt-right associated thing, is it? It's been around longer than this recent movement and is just a reference to the 'that's none of my business' meme that features Kermit. Unless I've missed something where it has since been adopted by the Prison Planet crew?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

It was something to do with the Clinton crew spreading bollocks about Pepe beingĀ linked to white supremacy or some shite during her campaign. Honestly, America.

It wasn't so much Clinton's crew starting it, or all that much bollocksĀ - Pepe does have a connection to a lot of the alt-right stuff, but only insofar as a lot of the alt-right/Trump supporting types online come from corners of the internet that lean towards spreading shitty memes. Richard Spencer wore/wears Pepe badges, and used to have a frog emoji in his Twitter handle. A Pepe avatar is usually a pretty good indicator that the person you're dealing with is a bell-end.

That said, people in the Clinton camp, and reporters close to them, did write interminable think-pieces about why Pepe was a "white supremacist icon", which went as well as any out-of-touch person trying to explain internet culture to a wider audience. That sort of thing probably lead more of that lot to start using PepeĀ in that context, though.

• Paid Members

Oh I donā€™t disagree for one second Pat and it has been taken on by the bells, however, I donā€™t think I conveyed what I meant properly. From what Iā€™ve read and watched, the creator of Pepe was pretty pissed off about the fact and it ended up being sensationalised by Clintonā€™s team, indicating the link to white supremacy, hence it got a lot of airtime and more nobs ā€˜took it onā€™.

Thats what Iā€™ve at least gathered from what Iā€™ve read and seen. Regardless, I think we can all agree... a picture of a cartoon frog, what the actual fuck.

• Paid Members
On 07/11/2017 at 11:15 PM, Onyx2 said:

The guy on Twitter that spotted it was today immortalised in this piece commissioned by the Colonel:

RXQIMbi.jpg

A little bit of digging by someoneĀ on Reddit revealed this to be a marketing ploy and the bloke who "spotted it" is employed by the marketing firm.

• Awards Moderator
16 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

revealed this to be a marketing ploy and the bloke who "spotted it" is employed by the marketing firm.

Yeah I read that last night. I appreciate the gag though. It's the same firm that did Terry Crews Old Spice.Ā