Top Twitter

Gus Mears

Oh my days, Bicurious Dad, what a dumbass thing to say. What a maroon. What a prize plum.

(Alright, yes, my earlier post made the same error... Glad I'm not the only idiot in this village.)

• Paid Members

Just briefly going back to the Linehan tweet above, I notice the tweeter (Sinead) asks for...well, just outright asks for money once the tweet blows up. I've noticed this to be a thing on Twitter. Not GoFundMes for some particular project or goal, just literally give me cash because the person wants cash.

I have two questions regarding this.

Firstly, what's the deal with this? I don't want to generalise (as it's well known I never generalise) but it seems to be particularly prevalent on transTwitter, but maybe it's something lots of people are doing regardless of their gender. If the latter is the case...

Do you think it's possible to make much money doing this? Because I'd be up for trying to get some tweets to blow up and then ask people to PayPal me cash.

It seems to be a common thing on Twitter that when something goes viral or gets fuckloads of retweets, the person adds a tweet to the original with a "While you're here" and linking their GoFundMe or Patreon or something.  Much like Youtube tryhards, the ones fishing to go viral never do.  Nor do really good ones that should go viral, like Astro or The Fash Gang.

I've seen people trying to plug their soundcloud, or GoFundMe, or what ever project they're currently trying to get off the ground but that's the first I've seen straight up just ask for cash. I reckon this will become the norm for tweets that go viral. Not sure how much you could make much from it. Id say give it a go. Nothing to lose.