Top Twitter

Gus Mears

One on hand, he’s getting money to do that, but on the other hand, it shows up his complete ignorance of Irish history which totally diminishes any point he tries to make about Ireland and the EU. Whenever he appears on Irish TV he gets taken to the cleaners. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, stumobir said:

This man’s gonna shit a regenerative concrete brick when he realises what vegans have been up to this entire time. 

It's a fine day for reactionary idiots thinking they've found a "gotcha" moment, as there's lots of them on Twitter reacting to an Animal Rebellion protest saying, "I bet they wouldn't say anything about Halal slaughter!".

Yeah, I'm sure people who's entire platform is on switching to a plant-based diet, abandoning animal agriculture and all animal slaughter are totally fine with Halal slaughter. It's not like it falls directly under the umbrella of everything they're already protesting about, and that to single it out specifically would be meaningless in that context or anything.

In general, anyone who complains specifically about Halal slaughter but still eats meat and expresses no interest in any other animal rights causes have definitely never seen an animal killed or been in a slaughterhouse, as they seem to be under the impression that the rest of them are providing friendly end of life care. Can't imagine why they'd single out one method of slaughter specifically, could you?

It's like the argument I've heard multiple times now against veganism - "if everyone stopped eating meat, wouldn't they just have to kill all the cows? If you love animals, you shouldn't support that". What exactly do you think is happening to all of the cows at the moment?