Top Twitter

Gus Mears

I’m a sea shanty hipster. Tiktok is for Johnny Come Latelys. Assassins Creed Black Flag is for the REAL fans. 

Those lads were upset about them being a meme. https://thetab.com/uk/2020/06/10/we-spoke-to-the-boys-in-this-picture-and-theyve-had-enough-of-your-jokes-161026

47 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

It’s a guy from Airdie who started off the trend on TikTok.

Being a grumpy, coming up for middle aged man, what's the big selling point of Tik Tok? Is it just bellends lip synching things and it's supposed to be funny? Or is there more to it than that? 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

"Whilst their tight clothes have been mocked, all say they work hard at the gym and just wore normal clothes. “If we were wearing flares or bootcuts we’d get the piss taken out of us,” says Connor."

World Cup Yes GIF by FIFA

2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m a sea shanty hipster. Tiktok is for Johnny Come Latelys. Assassins Creed Black Flag is for the REAL fans. 

Those lads were upset about them being a meme. https://thetab.com/uk/2020/06/10/we-spoke-to-the-boys-in-this-picture-and-theyve-had-enough-of-your-jokes-161026

Hah, ‘real’ fans played Sid Meier's Pirates! and spent 3 hours fiddling with their config.sys to get it working beforehand.

7 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Being a grumpy, coming up for middle aged man, what's the big selling point of Tik Tok? Is it just bellends lip synching things and it's supposed to be funny? Or is there more to it than that? 

I asked the young folk in work if tiktok was a bit like Vine and they hadn't a bulls notion what Vine was. At least I didn't ask if it was like Tout I suppose.

• Paid Members
On 1/15/2021 at 5:21 PM, Keith Houchen said:

The version of "The Parting Glass" on there is superb. I've borrowed a few twists from that, Cara Dillon's, and Shaun Davey's (the one in the Waking Ned soundtrack) to add to my own when gigging.

30 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

The version of "The Parting Glass" on there is superb. I've borrowed a few twists from that, Cara Dillon's, and Shaun Davey's (the one in the Waking Ned soundtrack) to add to my own when gigging.

Leave Her, Johnny Leave Her is a legit banger. 

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Leave Her, Johnny Leave Her is a legit banger. 

On sea shanty chat, there was a superb compilation album called Rogue's Gallery years back that featured Lou Reed doing this track, as well as contributions from Nick Cave, Bryan Ferry, Eliza Carthy, Loudon Wainwright III, Jarvis Cocker and so on. Unfortunately it's got Sting and Bono on it, but they can't all be hits.