Gus Mears

Top Twitter

On 7/22/2018 at 6:29 PM, Armitage Shanks said:

Pot, Kettle, Black

I've been blocked by Chuckle Brothers, no reason why as never @. them.

Was this at the account where you sent pictures of flaccid cocks to several members of this forum a couple of years ago?

Is there any way to stop seeing what other people are liking in my timeline without unfollowing them? There's a reason I don't follow Piers Morgan, Ricky Gervais etc.

18 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Is there any way to stop seeing what other people are liking in my timeline without unfollowing them? There's a reason I don't follow Piers Morgan, Ricky Gervais etc.

Click on the arrow on the top right of the tweet and select 'I don't like this tweet'.

That doesn't solve the problem at all, does it? It just provides feedback to Twitter so they can help tailor certain shit in future. I don't think you can turn off likes from people you follow, which is bloody annoying.

I would've thought blocking the people you don't want to read would mean that even if the people you do follow RT them, they won't come up, surely?

Yeah but neither are ideal solutions. I don't want to see ANY likes from people I follow, targeting certain words or blocking certain accounts won't remedy that.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

That doesn't solve the problem at all, does it? It just provides feedback to Twitter so they can help tailor certain shit in future. I don't think you can turn off likes from people you follow, which is bloody annoying.

Yes it does. Well, it did for me anyway. I had likes from people I follow, I clicked that and I haven't had a single one since. If you do it on the mobile app, once you've clicked that it even comes up with another option to mute their likes or there account all together.

Nope, nothing along those lines. There's no 'I don't like this tweet'. The closest I have is Report and then 'I'm not interested in this tweet', but the options I'm then given are to either mute or block THAT account, rather than turn off likes for the account that liked it.

Hang on, I've just tried it for a different post (another liked tweet) and this time I can select 'I don't like this tweet'. It's now asked me if I want to see fewer likes from Hector Bellerin- yes fucking please. Hopefully that works, cheers.

Weird that it isn't available for all liked tweets, though.

2 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

On mobile or desktop?