Top Twitter

Gus Mears

It fills my heart with joy to picture Piers hunched over his phone for 45 minutes, fastidiously blocking everyone who's said a mean thing about him in the last ten.

• Paid Members

Twitter snitching is a terrible epidemic — there was a discussion with an actress from Silicon Valley, who said that T.J. Miller had made working on it a miserable experience, and the other male cast and crew members hadn't helped. Of course, some twat replied "Actually... why didn't you tell someone?", and another nob @'d one of the actors to invite him in to defend himself. Meanwhile, the original issue was getting trampled all over.

As twattish as it might be when that happens, I think Twitter's the kind of platform you have to approach with the expectation that everyone can see what you post. If it's intended for a limited audience, then either set your account to private or use another platform with more sophisticated settings (if still far from perfect) like Facebook. For better or worse, it's the culture of Twitter that anyone can jump in and be part of the conversation at any time, and there's no one who wouldn't be well served to bear that in mind when choosing what to publish there.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I'm going to enjoy that, until the Guardian get hold of it, the swines! 

'Young penguin forced into stealing fish due to incorrect benefits sanctions'. 

'Increase in penguin on penguin violence shows how Tory zoo cuts have gone too far - Polly Toynbee'. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
On 7/22/2018 at 6:29 PM, Armitage Shanks said:

Pot, Kettle, Black

I've been blocked by Chuckle Brothers, no reason why as never @. them.

Was this at the account where you sent pictures of flaccid cocks to several members of this forum a couple of years ago?

• 2 weeks later...