Well worded google searches.

Thunderplex

• Paid Members

I'd forgotten Forest Whittaker name and needed it for a conversation I was having earlier.  I tapped "black actor with wonky eye" and it was the first hit on the page.  Tried "dead presenter with a little hand" and Jeremy Beadle popped up immediately.

Anyone else have any semi amusing searches to keep me entertained in work tomorrow?

• Awards Moderator

My daughter watched Jumanji over Christmas and loved it. I couldn't remember the similar film that was space-themed so I Googled "jumanji in space". I was not disappointed.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

My daughter watched Jumanji over Christmas and loved it. I couldn't remember the similar film that was space-themed so I Googled "jumanji in space". I was not disappointed.

No way, I did EXACTLY the same thing!! Still can't remember the name of it.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I kept seeing this 20 second clip of a euro dance song and wanted to know what it was.  Weird tongue song got me the answer I wanted.

Without Double checking first I assumed you meant this

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

I'd forgotten Forest Whittaker name and needed it for a conversation I was having earlier.  I tapped "black actor with wonky eye" and it was the first hit on the page.  

This is one of those things I'm going to remember at random times for possibly the rest of my life and laugh every single time.

• Paid Members

Walking around the lake by my house recently, I noticed a lot of little white flowers that looked like elder but smelled like marzipan. My girlfriend was convinced it was cow parsley, or something related to that so she Googled "plants similar to cow parsley" whereas I Googled my description above and got the top hit telling me it was actually... Meadowsweet, a plant that had been used in medieval times to flavour mead and wines and was the original source of aspirin.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

This is one of those things I'm going to remember at random times for possibly the rest of my life and laugh every single time.

To be honest I've been giggling about it all day.  Had no idea it would work, never mind that we'll.

Archived