MMA Shit Tattoo Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Actually, yeah I think Hunt's ink is alright. I wouldn't have it myself (I'm not Samoan/Kiwi for one) but it suits him. 

Similarly, I'd never even entertain a head tattoo myself but Wanderlei's back of the head tattoo fit his image perfectly when I got into MMA and he was just stomping fools out for fun. Kind of like Goldberg's tribal thing on his arm (when not every wanker and his nan had a tribal) in that it just made him stand out and enhanced his look. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, David said:

I find all of it to be quite ridiculous really. 

Probably because you haven't been on the receiving end of racism and prejudice.  It's a bit like English people finding the idea of Scottish Independence ridiculous.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Probably because you haven't been on the receiving end of racism and prejudice.  It's a bit like English people finding the idea of Scottish Independence ridiculous.

Exactly. The whole point about black, brown, gay, whatever pride is that it was raised to be a remedy to having been made to feel shame or insignificance for the past fuck knows how many centuries. 

It is ridiculous in that these measures should ever have been necessary, though.

12 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yep, never been on the end of any kind of prejudice, me. Those of us of Catholic and Irish descent in the West of Scotland get a fucking easy ride mate, especially in July. Love those parades, especially the little ditties that they play on their flutes during them. You should come up for them one year, join in the fun. 

Carbomb actually got what I meant spot on, it is ridiculous that in this day and age these measures are required, and a little saddening if I'm honest.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, David said:

Yep, never been on the end of any kind of prejudice, me. Those of us of Catholic and Irish descent in the West of Scotland get a fucking easy ride mate, especially in July. Love those parades, especially the little ditties that they play on their flutes during them. You should come up for them one year, join in the fun. 

Carbomb actually got what I meant spot on, it is ridiculous that in this day and age these measures are required, and a little saddening if I'm honest.

I was under the impression the whole Orange thing wasn't as tolerated by the authorities in Scotland as they are in Norn Iron. That's really depressing to hear. Fucking triumphalist bullshit. 

I'm of Irish descent, my family was  over here because of the potato famine and were forced to Anglicise their surname in order to be allowed in the country.

Point being David, I feel you're being incredibly dramatic. The whole Orange walk is nothing more than a few misguided fuckwits singing a fee songs. I've never had any fear of mentioning being of catholic descent in Glasgow. Glasgow and the west of Scotland is pretty much a melting pot of protestants/catholics. This isn't 1930.

Edited by Ladiesman345

I was under the impression the whole Orange thing wasn't as tolerated by the authorities in Scotland as they are in Norn Iron. That's really depressing to hear. Fucking triumphalist bullshit. 

It's not just tolerated, it's encouraged mate. 

A few years back;

The Labour Party leader of Falkirk council has pushed through over £1,000 in public grant funding to support the controversial Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland.

Craig Martin was one of eight Falkirk Labour councillors who supported giving the order a ‘community grant’ of £1,145.

The Orange Order, which bars Catholics from membership, has been blamed for causing sectarian tensions in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Members of the Orange Order have won council seats in the local elections by standing for the Labour and Tory parties, the Sunday Herald can reveal. 

Grand Master Jim McHarg said the Orange Order now had more elected politicians in Scotland among its membership than at any time in nearly 20 years. He said the organisation had members on councils in North and East Ayrshire, as well as in South and North Lanarkshire.

Members of the Orange Order could now sit on council committees that will make decisions on local education policy, including the funding of Catholic schools.

Could you imagine any other organisation in this country not only being allowed to bar membership to someone due to their religion, but actually receiving Government funding?

The whole Orange walk is nothing more than a few misguided fuckwits singing a fee songs.

I find it incredibly difficult to believe that you have the background that you say you do if you look on the Loyalist shite in Scotland as a "few misguided fuckwits singing a few songs". I know of not one single person of Catholic background who'd be so quick to dismiss it in such a way.

And let's be honest, if it were any other group of people who were being given Government funding and being allowed to march through the streets of Glasgow singing about how they lord it over a religious minority I doubt it would be dismissed so easily.

Maybe you see things differently, but this isn't a "few misguided fuckwits" in my opinion;

_48245072_orangewalk466.jpg

And without dismissing and trivialising experiences, religion is a choice, skin colour isn't. 

I see plenty of people telling those pesky Muslims that very thing all the time on social media. Can't say that I really agree with that to be honest.

Anyway, we've veered off-topic so probably best to leave it be.

• Paid Members

I'd say the "religion is a choice" aspect is only true to a point - the right-wing arsehole who hates Muslims probably isn't particularly concerned with the finer points of Islamic dogma, they just hate anyone looking vaguely brown. And the Orange Order are going to hate you if your family are Catholic and you're from the "wrong" part of town, even if you don't personally identify as Catholic. The "choice" becomes a non-issue when, where it counts, it's not your choice to make.

I was even baptised David. Just because you don't agree, doesn't mean I'm lying. I've walked by many orange walks and only felt sorrow for the idiots, and mild annoyance because they held up my bus due to road closures. Comparing the catholic/protestant thing in Scotland to racism and homophobia is ludicrous. It's just a silly football thing, with very few incidents, unless you count bald men singing "offensive" songs on a train to be an incident.

How does it affect your day to day life, David?

Edited by Ladiesman345