Kazushi Sakuraba - UFC Hall Of Famer

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I'm probably missing something here, but wasn't Sakuraba originally a pro-wrestler first and foremost, before fighting in MMA?

• Paid Members

Yeah he was. I think the confusion earlier in the thread was that Rey was on about worked matches in pro wrestling organisations with Gracies and me and Egg thought he meant the fights against the Gracies in Pride were fixed.

Sakuraba was wrestling before he started MMA in 96/97. And he's dipped back in and out of wrestling over the years. I just didn't know about those Gracie matches. 

• Paid Members

Fucking hell. I didn't catch that on the first watch, must've gone for a piss or something.

That's shocking. It's not like Sakuraba is just some random celebrity or sports personality and Grisham was blindsided when the name popped up. We're talking about a legend in the sport in which it's his job to talk about. And not just that, he went in the bloody Hall Of Fame that same week. Even if you'd never heard of the bloke before this week, you'd do some homework, wouldn't you? 

18 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

That's shocking. It's not like Sakuraba is just some random celebrity or sports personality and Grisham was blindsided when the name popped up. We're talking about a legend in the sport in which it's his job to talk about. And not just that, he went in the bloody Hall Of Fame that same week. Even if you'd never heard of the bloke before this week, you'd do some homework, wouldn't you? 

Absolutely.  Back when the DBK was the hottest property on the Coventry Darts scene, an MC no showed and because I'm a charismatic fucker they asked me to fill in.  Fourth game featured a bloke with a Polish surname so while he was having his practice throws on stage, I cover the mic and ask him the correct pronunciation.  Cue a bunch of "Ooohs" from his county, totally impressed with my mic work.  I'm a cunning linguist.

Fuck Grisham. I thought he was harmless at first, but he's a turbo cunt.  Anyone heard any of his interviews lately will concur, I am sure of it.  Hopefully the UFC has him on thin ice after this. All-round on TUF 25, he sucked too. 

Archived