Mike 'CANYONERO' Ashley

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I worked in game station about 12-15 years ago, prior to it being bought out by blockbuster. We got some cracking stuff in, especially pre owned trade ins. People would come with a box of stuff, but if the system didn't recognise the bar code, such as a fake cover, international, retro etc, we could only give 5p Max... five fucking pence.

I'd do my best to say so to the customer, and if I was interested offer them more on the sly out of my pocket... not everyone did though, was horrible to see some young kids getting rinsed by a prick who you know will be basically nicking the game anyway.

It reminds me, I've been looking for ages to get hold of those flexible small plastic boxes you used to get from block buster when you rented PS1 games (not the DVD size).

Can't find them anywhere.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:42 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

Playnation in Croydon does well for itself with a good trade in retro gaming, and card game events (Magic, Yugioh).

Yeah, there needs to be something to offer to keep people coming in even if they're not spending big money on new release games - something like card games, anything that requires a repeat purchase, is always a good shout. I expect that's the sort of thing that Game/Sports Direct might be going for with eSports, though.

• Paid Members

BREAKING NEWS

Sports Direct boss Mike Ashley has won a High Court battle with an investment banker over a £15m deal allegedly made in pub.

Jeffrey Blue had told the court the Newcastle United owner reneged on a promise to pay him a multi-million-pound sum if he used his expertise to increase the firm's share price.

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON!

mike_ashley_strips.jpg

• Paid Members
On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:51 AM, SpursRiot2012 said:

Used to be one in Wood Green called Shekhana. I did my work experience there. It always smelled funny and the assistant manager was a dick.

Couple years later, after the store had closed down, I saw him working in a Blockbuster that had  Game store inside. We all know how that went. 

Ha, I got loads of stuff from Shekhana. They were great for getting import stuff; I got my NeoGeo Pocket there.

The assistant manager - was that Ozan?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Ha, I got loads of stuff from Shekhana. They were great for getting import stuff; I got my NeoGeo Pocket there.

The assistant manager - was that Ozan?

No, I don't think so. He was a tall, Asian (East Asian) dude. The manager was a fat guy, I want to say his name was Barry?

• Paid Members
Just now, SpursRiot2012 said:

No, I don't think so. He was a tall, Asian (East Asian) dude. The manager was a fat guy, I want to say his name was Barry?

This must have been years after. I remember a Turkish guy called Ozan, and a mixed Caribbean guy called Zan. Very London.

Archived