Movie Trailer Thread

bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Everybody loves a good movie trailer to get the blood pumping. I'll start off with two of my best. Probably think of more later..

Clint Eastwood - "Pale Rider" to the Channel 4 News music..

and here is "The Mission" with De Niro and Jeremy Irons with a bit of Ennio Morricone sprinkled in there..

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Everybody loves a good movie trailer to get the blood pumping. I'll start off with two of my best. Probably think of more later..

Clint Eastwood - "Pale Rider" to the Channel 4 News music..

I honestly thought you were kidding when you said it was the channel 4 music.

People were so angered by Michael Keaton's casting that they had to rush out, probably, the first ever teaser trailer to change peoples opinions. It worked really well, but not a patch on the original trailer in my opinion

Teaser

and we know how the film turned out, but I always loved this trailer when I was a kid

Final Bonus, the Spiderman Teaser that was discontinued for obvious reasons

• Awards Moderator

Nothing like a good trailer to get the blood pumping. A new Star Wars one will always do that for me.

My favourite ever trailer is probably for The Two Towers. A mate from school who was into copying films and music put it on a disc for me and I would watch it every day after school for months before the film came out. The film itself couldn't hope to live up to the passion and scrutiny I watched that trailer with!

It was this one, but instead of the LOTR theme it had that very dramatic music that I think was from Requiem for a Dream but ended up being used for Sky Sports and ITV talent shows.

38 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Trailers are killing blockbuster cinema.

Carry on!

An interesting point that warrants discussion I reckon.

I wouldn't say the trailers themselves are what's the problem, it the 20minute YouTube 'Movie X Trailer Analysis- FAN THEORY CONFIRMED~!' or 'Movie X Trailer Explained...' videos that find things that arn't there that are ruining blockbuster cinema.

That and the endless stream of Superhero movies

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

An interesting point that warrants discussion I reckon.

I wouldn't say the trailers themselves are what's the problem, it the 20minute YouTube 'Movie X Trailer Analysis- FAN THEORY CONFIRMED~!' or 'Movie X Trailer Explained...' videos that find things that arn't there that are ruining blockbuster cinema.

That and the endless stream of Superhero movies

Well I'm certainly not going to argue with that last point.

I don't necessarily agree with the fan analysis videos, I think they're generally easier to avoid than trailers although they hardly help. I can only imagine that the kind of person who watches those is exactly the kind of person who immediately stinks out the bottom deck of the bus when they get on.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Trailers are killing blockbuster cinema.

Carry on!

I agree with Devon. Its worse now I have an Unlimited card with trailers, (i just play on my iphone now during the sometimes 20 minutes of trailers they put on!)

But look at the F&F 8 trailer. I showed it to my wife who said she doesnt need to see the film as shes seen all the good bits. And, having gone to see it, she was right. There were no secrets in that film after seeing the trailer. If i see a trailer for a comedy, I never see it as the funniest bits are ruined in the trailer. I remember when The Hangover came out. I went to an early preview, no trailers, just saw the film and thought it was great. Because nothing was spoiled. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Those Batman trailers are so weird. There's no cohesion at all, not even music. It's literally just cut and pasted bits and pieces.

the 80s!

I think they had not got the sound tracks down until late in production, but most films would have cause just used a temp track. The music at the end of the normall trailer always gives me chills as I remember it leading up to the release back in 1989. Though as a 12 rated film I had to wait for the rental ( I was 6)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 5 July 2017 at 4:05 PM, Scott Malbranque said:

This was on seemingly every single video I bought or rented in my early teens.  Lovely Robocop rip off in the score too if I recall..

In a similar vain, symptomatic of many of my rental choices as a lad, I daren't contemplate how much of my life has been spent watching this, the trailer for Bloodfight 2: The Deathcage

If that name alone doesn't have you curious to watch it, then i've nothing for you, but it's magnificent in all the wrong ways!

My particular highlight comes at 2:45 when the guy goes "I'm gonna turn you into burger!" so much so that when I finally got my hands on a copy, I couldn't wait for that moment only to find it'd been re-dubbed "I'm gonna turn you into goulash!" which, if anything, was even funnier.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, John Matrix said:

This was on seemingly every single video I bought or rented in my early teens.  Lovely Robocop rip off in the score too if I recall..

Ubiquitous 90's trailers you say? I'll see your 'Dollman' & raise you..........