Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series

Egg Shen

1 hour ago, Noah Southworth said:

I never expected anything insightful from Dogg. But I was expecting something, anything, of entertaining value. There was none of that. Snoop Dogg is, by far, the worst commentator in MMA history.

That's because he isn't a commentator, he's a celebrity attraction on this show.

His job is to sit there, get high, drink Gin & juice and chat absolute bollocks for our entertainment. 

On 03/08/2017 at 4:47 AM, Egg Shen said:

what is Dave upto these days?

According to his Twitter, Dave runs UCMMA. They have a deal with the UFC to show their shows on Fight Pass. I've never watched them myself. He'll always be remembered for Cage Rage though. He seems to be aware of that. His Twitter handle and profile description even have references to Cage Rage. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

i'll always have a soft spot for Dave. UCMMA keeps plugging away but it basically gets zero press and only exists because they have a loyal but small London following. I do miss Cage Rage though, the UK promotions we have now are of a high standard but Cage Rage was way ahead of it's time in terms of MMA popularity in the UK, i went to a couple of shows at Wembley Arena and they were quality.

23 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

i'll always have a soft spot for Dave. UCMMA keeps plugging away but it basically gets zero press and only exists because they have a loyal but small London following. I do miss Cage Rage though, the UK promotions we have now are of a high standard but Cage Rage was way ahead of it's time in terms of MMA popularity in the UK, i went to a couple of shows at Wembley Arena and they were quality.

I was going to say that, but I didn't have much to back it up with. Whenever I think of British MMA promotions, it is Cage Rage that crosses my mind. 

I look at Cage Rage in two ways. Firstly, that it presented MMA in a terrible light. The production, O'Donnell himself, chunks of their audience, some of the talent featured in the main events (Butterbean, Legano, etc). There were plenty of clusterfucks along the way.

However, you could never call the promotion dull. Whether it was Daley getting them kicked off Sky by saying "cunt", that stupid WWE-style promo they did to hype one of their domestic fights. or Phil Baroni getting headbutted by a member of another fighter's entourage; there was always something kicking off. Some great fighters fought in it as well. Anderson, Bisping, Lee Murray, Pickett, etc. 

Someone should write a book about the promotion's history. It would be a great read. 

• Paid Members

Yeh, the presentation was always a point of discussion. It's hard to really see who they were trying to appeal too with that outside of cockney football hooligans but i lived with it because the actual in cage action was usually really good. It also had a Pride-like feel to the matchmaking, they literally threw it all into the mix and just had wildy varied shows.

A history of the promotion would be amazing, considering the UK underground gangland type ties with some of the fighters, some known worked fights and the UK debuts of several MMA notables you just know it has to be an incredible story.

• 10 months later...
  • Paid Members

wee heads up but this returns to Fight Pass for Season 2 tonight...

4YnRNJg.jpg

Not sure if it'll be there now but they intend to put the series on the new ESPN platform too so theres clearly some decent plans for the show.

Big story of episode 1 is the pro debut of former NFL player Greg Hardy. Guy is listed as 280lb on wiki and is 6'5 so hes a unit. 3-0 as an amateur with 3 KO's. Controversial though as he domestic abuse issues as well as other stuff, definitely no angel.

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

the new season started last night through Fight Pass and has created some debate amongst fans. 

British fighter (and former TUF participant) Brendan Loughnane fought in and won what everyone is saying was the fight of the night yet was passed over for a UFC contract for 2 other fighters. Here's Dana's reasoning post fight bit explaining why Loughnane wasnt chosen:

Dana seeming pissed that Loughnane shot a takedown with 10 seconds to go in a fight he was winning. The decision has pissed alot of people off. I need to watch the fight before i really pass judgement but it feels like Loughnane has been made a bit of an example of with regards to what Dana and the UFC expects from the show. 

Thoughts?

• Paid Members

Dana playing his role of Caesar yet again. I've never watched this show even once, or the types of videos like the one above. White comes accross as an absolute bell end there, which isn't anything new really. After Dana's comments, hopefully Coker throws Loughnane a bone, if his performance and the fight was as good as the chatter about it.