Childhood Misconceptions/Rumours/Urban Legends/Bullshit

BomberPat

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Yeah, having taken a hiatus from watching wrestling in the late '90s and come back to it in 2000, you can count me on the "that's not Scott Steiner!" list.

I'm on the "...That can't be Scott Steiner" bus too.

To be fair, I can't think of anyone who's look changed quite to drastically...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

I'm on the "...That can't be Scott Steiner" bus too.

To be fair, I can't think of anyone who's look changed quite to drastically...

Oddly, "Superstar" Billy Graham, on whom Steiner based a big chunk of his BPP look, changed quite drastically:

superstar billy graham 1.jpg

superstar billy graham 2.jpg

• Paid Members

I think a few of us were Steiner Deniers. 

I was convinced for ages that real American went:

"When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside... gotta be a man you don't have to hide.... when you hurt my friends and you hurt my wife, I gotta be man, I can't let it slide"

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I think a few of us were Steiner Deniers. 

I was convinced for ages that real American went:

"When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside... gotta be a man you don't have to hide.... when you hurt my friends and you hurt my wife, I gotta be man, I can't let it slide"

Not really a misconception as I know full well it's wrong, but I still mentally hear Orton's music as the much more intriguing "I hear Boycie in my head, he counsels me, he talks to me."

In a similar vein, Rick Martel was cutting a promo when I started watching and my homophobic brother insisted that he said "I'm no queer" and not "I'm no quitter" and subsequently hated him until he became The Model as for some reason that meant he must be knee deep in clunge.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, JNLister said:

Not really a misconception as I know full well it's wrong, but I still mentally hear Orton's music as the much more intriguing "I hear Boycie in my head, he counsels me, he talks to me."

On  similar note, I was convinced Niomi's theme started with ..."I'm a Maaaaa-aaaa-aaaaa-aaaan, I'm a, I'm a Maaaaa-aaa-aaaa-aaa--n" 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived