The All New UKFF Social Media Directory

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I'm jazzygeofferz on pretty much everything if I can. Geoffrey D R Walsh on Facebook JAzzy Geofferz on XBox Live. Anybody want my 3DS/Wii U Friend Codes?

Given how you apologised for the misunderstanding and she accepted the misunderstanding, and most importantly you learned from it, I'd say fair enough.  I can understand why a person of colour would be defensive about "You lot" being thrown at them, given the nature of Twitter arguments, I'm assuming her arrogance made her think that you knew who she was.

Either that or she read your posts in a decade old thread in gold about supporting the BNP. EDIT, fuck me, it was 2003!

Edited by Keith Houchen
Itchy balls

• Paid Members

My apologising for the misunderstanding didn't seem to make a difference. If you check her account now, she's tweeting all about how I "backtracked till I fell over" and all sorts. It's really, very frustrating. I shouldn't really care but when a public figure, no matter how minor, with 12,000 followers makes a public claim that you're racist, it can have a detrimental affect on your future prospects. I'm pretty sure it falls under defamation and it sue-able. Not that I have the money to go suing people. God, I wish I did. I'd sue so many people.

EDIT: Ha. Man, that thread makes me cringe to this day. 14 years ago! I actually realised the other day that in five years I'll have been posting here for 20 years!

Edited by SpursRiot2012

Yeah I see what you mean, but the plus side is nothing can be fabricated as its all there for people to read.  It's not like you got super defensive and dug a hole, you held your hands up and clarified your meaning.

Although I'm a Cuck so we will need Glen to give a view on the matter for balance.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I shouldn't really care but when a public figure, no matter how minor, with 12,000 followers makes a public claim that you're racist, it can have a detrimental affect on your future prospects. I'm pretty sure it falls under defamation and it sue-able. Not that I have the money to go suing people. God, I wish I did. I'd sue so many people.

The first winner of America's Top Model once publicly 'outed' me as a woman-beater to her hundreds of thousands of Twitter followers.

To be fair, she did backtrack once she realised it was Perez Hilton I wanted to see punched in the face, and not Paris.

On 06/07/2017 at 7:38 PM, sj5522 said:

Somehow never been blocked to my knowledge. The reasons celebs choose to block is bizarre at times, if you tweet at Mauro Ranallo congratulating him on the NXT job, JBL will probably block you but I once directly tweeted at JBL that he's "the type of cunt to fart in a two person lift and blame it on you" and that was fine apparently. Also called Matt Striker every name under the sun as he went on some bullshit elitist rant about minimum wage caps and still didn't get a block.

A main reason for celebrities blocking is going to be that they can't be arsed with you. Regular people will block people for a variety of reasons, celebrities do it because they are bombarded constantly with notifications on their social media and and if it looks like slightly too much effort they get blocked.

Example I got is the other day I did a tattoo I was pretty happy with, it was on a pair of tits as well so it currently has nearly 10k likes on Instagram. Because of this I'm showing up on the explore page a lot and it been reposted on numerous accounts etc. This draws attention from people leaving comments like "I don't like tattoos" or "why" or "she has gross boobs" or "she has ruined her tits." This happens a few times a month.

I don't really give a fuck about any of those people, I'm not mortally offended or anything. I just can't be bothered, so they just get blocked and it's one less boring thing I have to deal with in a sea of boring things. 

I'm surprised at the amount of wrestlers I've seen vanity searching and blocking based on that. You'd think they can't be arsed, what with their schedule. 

My friend posted "lol Tama Tonga looks 55" in reply to someone else and later found out he blocked her based off that. I told her be careful upsetting Haku's offspring like that.

• Paid Members

I criticised some TV presenter's performance as a TV presenter on Twitter once, I can't actually remember her name. I didn't @ her or anything. Next day, she @'s me saying something along the lines of, "you seem like a lovely man. Think you could better?" To which I replied, "Did you just search your own name on Twitter?" And she goes, "No, I was just showing a friend all the abuse I'd see if I did search my name on Twitter." I didn't believe her.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

Why does it matter if she did search her name though? What's unrealistic about her showing a friend stupid stuff people say about her on Twitter? Perhaps that friend was giving her emotional support after loads of random strangers had been giving her shit online? 

I just googled myself to see what's out there at the moment. It's mostly tattoos, a bullshit article from the Sun and some stuff about me and my ex. Wish I hadn't bothered now, but I don't see the problem with it in principle? 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

Yeah, maybe, I just found it funny. If I were a celebrity - like you - I'd *never* search my name online. Fuck that. Don't open that box.

EDIT: In principle, there's nothing wrong with it. It's just a bad idea. In the particular example I'm talking about, though, it was a pretty innocuous comment. I didn't @ her. She went out of her way to search her name and respond to my comment, which as I say was pretty innocuous, and I just didn't really believe she "just happened" to be showing her mate all the abuse she gets. Hey, she might have been, but there have been numerous examples ITT and elsewhere of people being blocked by "celebrities" because they've searched their own names and because someone's said, hey, I'm not a huge fan of this or that guy or girl. It's amusing that they'd do that.

I can't even remember the fucking show's name. It was something I was subtitling when I used to do that job.

Edited by SpursRiot2012