UFC 214: Cormier vs Jones 2

wandshogun09

8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Well, holy shit. We're hours away and Jon Jones hasn't fucked it up. This looks like it's actually happening!

If DC wins it'll be my favourite result of all time. Better than Conor knocking out Aldo, better than Bisping winning the belt, better than Brock at UFC 100. I'll be over the moon.

You had me going after the first 9 words.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Haha! Sorry guys! I'd like to say that was a genius bit of trolling, but it was completely by accident.

Nice to know Jones has all living our lives like nervous wrecks though. Glad it's not just me.

Looking forward to hearing tomorrow what the group of UFC fans I work with, who look down on WWE, thought to Jones' post fight interview.

One fight in the last seven years and Brock is still the man who the top (light) heavyweights turn to when they want a big payday.

Sake.

Turned TV on this morning, got up at 6.30 to watch, and it was sat on the post-show so I saw Jones holding the belt before I'd even watched. Bollocks.

Also, Daniel Cormier doesn't help himself does he? What a fucking cunt at the end. He was outclassed and beat up and he's still twatting about like he was robbed. Dickhead.

Ha, I'm on the fence about whether he was being classy or the ultimate passive aggressive cuntstain. Either way, after DC's paddy I'm fine with it.

But after being knocked out by a hated rival, it can't be nice to have him pat you on  the head and tell you what a good husband you are.

• Paid Members

A crushing result. It felt like Cormier was gaining momentum, was connecting with the harder shots, and then it was suddenly all over. Devastating. I didn't buy any of the stuff Jones said afterwards. Once a prick, always a prick.

I hope Brock Lesnar fucking murders him.

EDIT: Sounds like Dana was so unimpressed with Woodley's fight that they've gone back to planning for Bisping vs. GSP. I am very happy about this. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

Most satisfying main event in a long time, capped off by DC throwing his toys out of the pram and Jones calling out Brock Lesnar. Masterful. Jon Jones is truly the GOAT.

The guy had just been knocked out and was concussed. Fucking hell.

There had been so much vitriol slung over these several years where the reaction was inevitable.

2 minutes ago, lambyUK said:

The guy had just been knocked out and was concussed. Fucking hell.

There had been so much vitriol slung over these several years where the reaction was inevitable.

While that might be true, I've seen plenty of heated feuds and plenty of people finished in the cage. It's a much smaller number of people who refuse to even stand by the referee for the announcement, and yelling across the Octagon.

Kinda goes against DC's whole image that he's tried to portray of himself throughout the past couple of years. How many concussed fighters have you seen act that way?

Archived