The Mae Young Classic

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They're doing an unveiling of the competitors live on Facebook later on today like they did for the crusierweights I believe

That sounds like something I'd enjoy, anyone have any idea what time it's going to be happening in UK time?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Wow, quite a few names I didn't realise were in this. Shayna Baszler- wasn't she one of the Four Horsewomen of MMA, with Ronda Rousey and Roderick Strong's other half? Didn't realise Candice LeRae was added either, nor Serena Deeb (although I heard she was rumoured).

Anyway, spoilers for the first round are here if any of you are impatient pricks like I am:

Princesa Sugehit defeated Kay Lee Ray

Serena Deeb defeated Vanessa Borne

Shayna Baszler defeated Zeda

Piper Niven defeated Santana Garrett

Mia Yim defeated Sarah Logan

Mercedes Martinez defeated Xia Li

Rhea Ripley defeated Miranda Salinas

Abbey Laith defeated Jazzy Gabert

Toni Storm defeated Ayesha Raymond

Dakota Kai defeated Kavita Devi

Candice LeRae defeated Renee Michelle

Rachel Evers defeated Marti Belle

Bianca Belair defeated Sage Beckett

Lacey Evans defeated Taynara Conti

Nicole Savoy defeated Reina González

Kairi Sane defeated Tessa Blanchard

• Paid Members

Please continue to put results and stuff in spoilers thanks, I'd like to know more about these ladies in the run up to the show without knowing what happens.

I enjoyed the parade of competitors, I'll admit to not having heard of many previously but a few caught my eye. I would've preferred a bit more of an in depth introduction for everyone but I guess we'll get that next month, shame it's so far away. Also when you're introducing 30 odd different people and only showing them for 5 seconds each it's a bit shit putting them all in the same ugly the shirt, it's not very glamorous, it looked like sports day.

• Paid Members

I'd imagine you get the more in-depth introduction on the actual show, bit similar to CWC. They also had a parade of champions but didn't tell you more about anyone until the first episode, if I recall.

I think this is going to be a harder tournament to predict who be at/near the end. For CWC and the UK Tournament, WWE made it abundantly clear who would be around near the end from their PR alone.

• Paid Members

CWC had a Network show before the first "proper" episode, of Mauro, Daniel Bryan and Corey Graves running down the list of who's in it, their background and so on. It felt like a proper sports analysis, unlike anything I'd seen WWE before, it was great. Wonder if they'll do the same for this.

Would be good to learn more about the people in it over an episode or two rather than just flinging us in at the deep end and expecting us to keep track of them all, with only JR's fumbling "this ain't ballet" commentary to try and tell us anything about them.

• Paid Members

I think Lita said her and Corey Graves will be doing a show in August on the night of night 1 or the night before it starts called Bracketology where they will take an in depth look at everyone. So at least we can find out more about the names we don't know. 

Happy Candice LeRae is in it. Was surprised about Serena. I hadn't even seen rumours about her being in it. Shayna Baszler could go far in this. 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Call me Bellend said:

Please continue to put results and stuff in spoilers thanks, I'd like to know more about these ladies in the run up to the show without knowing what happens.

I enjoyed the parade of competitors, I'll admit to not having heard of many previously but a few caught my eye. I would've preferred a bit more of an in depth introduction for everyone but I guess we'll get that next month, shame it's so far away. Also when you're introducing 30 odd different people and only showing them for 5 seconds each it's a bit shit putting them all in the same ugly the shirt, it's not very glamorous, it looked like sports day.

They have some bios here http://www.wwe.com/amp/shows/maeyoungclassic/article/mae-young-classic-competitors-announced

19 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

I think Lita said her and Corey Graves will be doing a show in August on the night of night 1 or the night before it starts called Bracketology where they will take an in depth look at everyone. So at least we can find out more about the names we don't know. 

The Bracketology show you mentioned is on August 20th immediately after Summerslam. Then the first 4 episodes, which I imagine will be just the first round, goes up OnDemand on August 28th

Archived