The Mae Young Classic

Bellenda Carlisle

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toni Storm deserves it and I think she has everything to be a star in the WWE. She has the look, the strength (some very impressed mixed matches!) and a very cool entrance. I think she has money and main roster all over her. 

What was Awesome Kong/Kharma's reason for leaving? I'd love if they could rebuild the relationship there as she's probably my all time fav women's wrestler. 

Want her to squash rubbish Nia Jax in 1 minute 

• Paid Members

That's not why she left, though - she appeared in the Royal Rumble after her pregnancy.

From what I can remember, the official reason was that she asked for her release because she wasn't mentally/emotionally ready to return to the ring during the timescale the WWE had planned for her after she lost her baby.

I'd love to see her back, she has a lot to offer still, and is a much better fit for the monster heel role than Nia Jax. She's pushing 40, though, which is ancient in WWE women's terms, and I don't think they've expressed much interest in her. Kind of crazy she only had one actual match in WWE, and it was the Royal Rumble.

I saw Awesome Kong at an indie show last year. I was extremely impressed with the skills she still has and how she looks such a dominating figure. I think she would do the current WWE roster the world of good if she came back. Also must be said she is a thoroughly nice person! 

Kong said in a shoot interview that when she announced to the people in charge that she was pregnant they all said 'congratulations' to her, but in such a way that she understood them to mean 'Congratulations, you've just fucked your career' [her words].

Sadly, she lost the baby and there was a story at the time that she did not tell anyone that she had lost the baby but instead returned to work the Royal Rumble so her emotional state of mind was brought into question - there were rumours she would return to face The Bellas at a PPV later in the year as a mystery opponent, in fact The Bellas even referenced it in an on-air promo, but it turned out the mystery opponent was Layla instead.

Shame how everything went down as she was so completely different to every other women in the company at the time and the thought of her v Kelly Kelly, which seemed to be what they heading towards, had me fascinated for the sheer contrast in .... well, everything that the match would have been.

Archived