The Mae Young Classic

Bellenda Carlisle

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Did Kong and Asuka/Kana ever face each other in Japan? As far as I know they never did, but could be cool if I missed that one.

They did, but you didn't miss much as it wasn't Kana anywhere near her prime. In 2005 when Kana was just starting out in A to Z she apparently (unsure how many matches in the series actually took place due to A to Z closing down, I know the 4th match was scheduled against Mariko Yoshida on 28 August but don't have any info about the others) had a ten match challenge series and the first match was against Kong. It was on 17 July at the A to Z dojo (which looked more like a warehouse, but I digress) in front of a tiny crowd. It was only a short match and was clipped as well, it appears on the A to Z commercial release The General War 2nd Anniversary which is kind of hard to track down. I got a copy from Jeff Lynch.

• Paid Members

There was a piece online the other day that claimed Tessa Blanchard was only in the tournament due to who she was dating, it focused heavily on Rich Swann but never said who her partner was who turns out to be Ricochet so im wondering what pull he has with the WWE or is this there way of trying to woo him 

I thought it was an open secret that Ricochet was on his way once this season of Lucha Underground was finished.

Word was that he was pissed that they'd held off on airing the second half of the season for so long.

They've seemingly liked Tessa for a while though, she popped in and out to job to Alexa Bliss, Carmella and Nia a year or two ago if I'm not mistaken.

On 6/24/2017 at 1:56 PM, SBD said:

There was a piece online the other day that claimed Tessa Blanchard was only in the tournament due to who she was dating, it focused heavily on Rich Swann but never said who her partner was who turns out to be Ricochet so im wondering what pull he has with the WWE or is this there way of trying to woo him 

I would have thought the fact she was Tully's daughter would be a much more believable reason as to why she is in the tournament.

But like others have said she has already had wwe matches and they acknowledged her on Table for 3

• Paid Members

Yeah I can't see why dating Ricochet would be a reason to have her in the tournament, WWE aren't going to try and curry favour with an indy talent in that way. If they want him, they'll make him and offer and if he doesn't accept, I'd imagine they'd move on. As theringmaster says, the Tully connection is more plausible- especially with Trips probably overseeing all of this.

• Paid Members

The best thing about Tessa Blanchard is that not only is she the daughter of Tully Blanchard, she's the stepdaughter of Magnum TA. She was raised by both wrestlers in one of the best cage matches ever. That's class.

Archived