UFC on FOX: Weidman vs Gastelum - Jul 22

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

@Cousin Jim Bob Just generally being a bit embarrassing again. Mugging for the camera, trying to crowbar his way in when Weidman and his wife were hugging, I think he bellowed "THAT'S MAH BOY!" again and just generally making a show of himself. 

It's nice that he's so proud of his son and that, but fucking hell. Hopefully Mrs Weidman reminds him to take his tablets next time, 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, I feel bad taking the piss really. But every time he's on screen I'm cringing on behalf of Weidman.

The worst was after Weidman got beat down by Rockhold. That night Weidman suffered his first loss, he lost his title, he absolutely got battered. And then, as if his night wasn't going bad enough, just to add a bit of salt to his wounds, his old man grabs the microphone from Rogan and shouts "THAT'S STILL MAH BOY!!!" 

Note the 'oh for fuck's sake Dad' look on Weidman's face here...

hKDPO.jpg

• Paid Members

Can he not just tell his Dad to stop coming in the fucking cage after his fights? It's embarrassing. He can't control himself. I'd have zero problem telling my parents to back off if they were cramping my style.

Pleased for Weidman, and for myself as I changed my mind the day of the fight and backed him to win via submission at 7/1!  The win for Weidman prevents him from being an also ran MW and keeps the long list of fun match-making intact. It was all a bit of a mauling really.  I wonder if it was enough motivation for Gastelum to get himself in shape to fight and make weight back at 170, because the big guns of the division showed they'll swallow him up no matter how good his skills are. 

1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

According to Meltzer, this did the worst ratings in the shows history (based on the overnights). UFC are having a shocker.

It's probably because there's been so many shows of late, along with the fact that we've had the McG/Mayweather promo stuff and the big event next weekend.

When you have so much content on the air you're going to lose eyeballs at certain points, and a weaker card like this will do that.

• Paid Members

Chuffed for Weidman, he needed that win big time, and the division is helped by him staying relevant as well. Gastelum still has lots of time to continue his development. But stay at 185 Kelvin and stop fucking about pretending you can stay off the doughnuts by trying to drop to 170 again.

Thought the judging on the whole got the right decisions in all three main card fights. I had Elkins, Cummins and Riviera all winning, so it's nice to come out of a show and not having been baffled by a decision.

As for the D.C v Jones promo, I think it lost a little something by being pre-taped with them making the constant cuts to the next bit. What I did get from it though was that both guys are trying to put on a face of a different kind. I don't think Cormier is as relaxed as he was trying to portray, nor do I feel Jones is as angry at and as unflinched by D.C as he was letting on. I can't wait for the re-match. D.C looks heavy though, but he did say how well his weight was going a month ago so it'll be interesting on Friday.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

It's probably because there's been so many shows of late, along with the fact that we've had the McG/Mayweather promo stuff and the big event next weekend.

When you have so much content on the air you're going to lose eyeballs at certain points, and a weaker card like this will do that.

Possibly, but it's not a good trend to be on, when you're looking for some big money telly deal.

34 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Possibly, but it's not a good trend to be on, when you're looking for some big money telly deal.

How do they change that though? Less shows? That would mean less gate money, and they have such a bloated roster that they really need all of their shows to give guys fights.

• Paid Members

The main reason for the poor rating really is down to it being a terrible card for the casual fan. When I found out this was on Big Fox I was shocked.

Whilst the NY vs the world idea was great for the locals, no one outside of NY would really give a shit. 

Archived