UFC Fight Night: Nelson vs Ponzinibbio - Jul 16

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Anyone who's been to the weigh ins before able to guess if they'll be dishing out free tickets tomorrow? I'll forego the football and take a wander down if I can get some comps for the Sunday. 

No idea. I've not heard about the UFC doing that for quite a while now, but I could be wrong. Doubt it's gonna happen tomorrow.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 14/07/2017 at 9:32 AM, Marshmallo said:

Anyone who's been to the weigh ins before able to guess if they'll be dishing out free tickets tomorrow? I'll forego the football and take a wander down if I can get some comps for the Sunday. 

We went on a run of about four or five events where we bagged free tickets at the weigh ins. The fun stopped when Conor and Ronda hit big though. Suddenly, all the shows in the UK were selling out, so there was no need for Dana to unload them the day before the show.

However, a quick look at Ticketmaster suggests there are loads of tickets left for Sunday, particularly at the high prices, so you might be in luck. Obviously there's no garauntee, but if I lived locally I'd go to the weigh ins and keep an eye on Twitter. 

Will be heading along to this. Not that long back from Vegas for the TUF Finale and 213 so will be 3 in a row.

Not the best card in the world. But plenty to keep my interest. Shame Whiteford didn't get the call. But you've got 4 of the best Scottish talents on this card. All with very tough fights. I feel like all 4 could win and that all 4 could easily lose as well. No gimmies at all. 2 of the best Welsh talents in Johns and Marshman too. Add that with Seery's last fight, Leslie Smith who always comes to fight & Gunni and my interest is peaked tbh.

Maybe im just easily pleased. But have the Monday off work. So a night of fights and beers makes for a fun enough night to me, ha.

• Paid Members
On 09/06/2017 at 8:53 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Is Seery still on about retiring? 

yeh, this is his final fight. It feels like a bit of an after thought now, it's a shame he didn't get to go out against Ian McCall on the main card in London. Still, Seery's had a respectable little UFC run considering he came in as a last minute call originally. He reminds of those reliable UFC mid-card stay's of the mid-late 00's like Chris Lytle and Marcus Davis, just a tough, no bullshit guy who comes to fight.

• Paid Members

Holy shit!

I think I said Ponzinibbio was a tad underrated in the opening post. Well take the tad away. And I doubt he'll be underrated anymore. Huge win for him! Massive. He's been looking good for a while now, this is 5 in a row and he's an exciting fighter with it. Sucks to see Gunnar get put down like that but Ponzy seems a top man, good to see this happening for him. 

Really fun show. Bad night for the home fighters though. Think they went 1-3 in the end with Danny Henry being the only Scot to win. 

Oh and that Bofando bloke might just be my new favourite fighter. That KO was insane.

image.jpg

I was really surprised beforehand to see that Felder was the underdog, not that I'm complaining - I got 9/1 for him to win by KO.

Decent show. Nothing you'd go out of your way for, bar what Wand has already said, but not a dull show. Definitely helps your overall enjoyment of the show with these European cards being at a normal time for us.

• Paid Members

Seen a bit of backlash to the Calderwood vs Calvillo decision on twitter. I don't get it really. 

It was a good competitive fight all the way so I guess the 30-27 makes it sound more one sided than it was to some. But I definitely think 30-27 is a fair scorecard. I felt like Calvillo did enough to take each round and she came closest to finishing the 1st and 3rd. The absolute most generous I could be to Calderwood is a 29-28 loss. And I was rooting for her. I can't see the argument for her winning this one at all though. She just didn't.

I don't blame the fans in the arena for their reaction. She's their hometown girl and you often lose track of scoring when you're there in the arena. But she definitely lost this one. 

• Paid Members

Christ, there were less Scottish casualties in Braveheart; absolutely pumped.

I thought Calderwood lost too. Close fight, like, but the result wasn't outrageous.

The Stevie Ray beatdown was proper uncomfortable. I thought the ref let it go on for way too long, as Ray looked done after he took the knee.

Archived