UFC 213: Romero vs Whittaker

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

It's Nevada. Utter shite show

I know where the fights were held my point was several shows I've seen who haven't changed the rules have been very liberal with 10-8 rounds, much more than last year, it's also judges they bring in work both rulesets. The point about New Jersey was off topic but is the main reason they don't want change, as they want to limit head strikes not increase them and New Jersey is one of the most respected AC's.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Pride was probably the closest I got to being brand loyal to an MMA company. There was something magical about those days. But even then, it was the fighters that made the company not the other way around. I still got pretty much the same buzz when a Wanderlei, Shogun or Big Nog fight was announced in the UFC

Aye, Pride circa 2003-2007 is my favourite MMA promotion ever. However, if the star-ridden last show was anything to go by, it serves as evidence that the fighters weighed just as much as the presentation; if not more so. Ideally, you need both. 

Pride was run by shitehawks for the most part, but it never really bothered me. Maybe because it was largely kept behind closed doors. Today, Dana is a public figure; with Twitter and the like. There's been no escaping his pratfalls over the years. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, the_mole said:

I know where the fights were held my point was several shows I've seen who haven't changed the rules have been very liberal with 10-8 rounds, much more than last year, it's also judges they bring in work both rulesets. The point about New Jersey was off topic but is the main reason they don't want change, as they want to limit head strikes not increase them and New Jersey is one of the most respected AC's.

I wasn't having a go, just pointing out Nevada and common sense rarely coexist.

In a way I think Bisping has dodged a bullet. He'll lose to Whittaker I think, but I actually feared for his long-term health if he'd fought Romero. After seeing the damage he took in the Anderson fight, how susceptible he was to the flying knees and suchlike I have no doubt that Romero would have seriously fucked him up, which wouldn't have been a nice way to see him go out.

So, Nunes pulled out due to a flair up of chronic sinusitis. She was cleared by the hospital but they only checked her blood and dehydration, It sounds like she never alerted the UFC ahead of time because she'd fought through this before and was presuming this time would be no different.

If the sinusitis was really bad, I can't fault Nunes for pulling out of the fight. It's a pain to deal with, literally, and you certainly don't want anyone punching your face when it's already hurting a lot. That said, I can see why the UFC would be made if Nunes did indeed fail to give them a heads up to give them time to put together a potential replacement, especially for a show this big. Even so, Dana throwing her under the bus was a terrible move, for all the reasons people have already stated. Dana made the classic mistake of talking when he's mad and that's never a good thing for anyone to do, because it invariably backfires.

• Paid Members

That fight has to happen some day, it would be such a shame if it didn't. Should Bisping win or lose against Whittaker, I need to see him fight Romero next. Do it in a stadium in England. Or fuck it, put it somewhere in Cuba and make it really fun. 

Archived