Riptide Wrestling thread - next shows Brighton Spirit - 2/3/18 & 3/3/18!

gadge

• Paid Members

If you need a seat @mim731 you'll need to be there quite early. It's a pretty small, very intimate venue though so if you're standing you should be fine, unless you're short I guess.

It's not obvious from the ticketing that it's mostly standing, which is a bit of an irritation, but Riptide are very good on the social media side at attending to any specific needs. When I put on Twitter that I may not be able to go as I'm waiting for a date for surgery, they told me if I donate the ticket they'll send me a t-shirt for free instead. Wonderful of them.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That's really cool of them to offer a T shirt in those circumstances! From what I've seen they seem to be run by good guys, and have a very positive inclusive attitude, which is nice. 

I'm happy standing, so that should be fine, looking forward to seeing the show, especially so close to home!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Really excited to get along to this tonight, hoping for good things especially as it's a local promotion to where I live. Card looks decent, and I'm especially looking forward to seeing Will Ospreay, Paul Robinson and at least half of CCK (or perhaps a different version of CCK?) in such a small venue. Curious to see if Aussie Open justify the early hype too. Should be good fun. 

• Paid Members

It turns out I can go tonight, my surgery is scheduled for next Thursday now.  

It is sold out now as well. Should be great. The mystery as to who will team with Brookes is part of the fun around the country at the moment. 

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the show tonight, especially the two tags and Sexsmith vs Ridgeway. Spike Trivet vs Darrell Allen was a no contest unfortunately, due to fire alarm and evacuation. 

Return date is 4 weeks away, November 3rd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I can't make the next show sadly, but it looks like they are aiming for one a month, so hoping for an early December show. Really enjoyed The Storm, even with the fire alarm. Interestingly, quite a few non-wrestling fans have expressed an interest in attending a Riptide show in the near future. 

I do wonder if they'll have to look for another, bigger venue in the near future. Not sure where else in Brighton would be a decent option.  

• Paid Members

Probably the best Riptide show so far tonight.

Aussie Open's open challenge becoming a 4-way that blended silliness and action was probably the highlight, the 3-way double tables main event was really good too despite some uncooperative moments with one of the tables. 

Also: Spike Trivet is the most glorious dickhead. I assume after the last two shows we're now heading for Jack Sexsmith and Chris Ridgeway vs Trivet and Damon Moser, who turned on Sexsmith here.

Roll on December 2nd.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Final card for Saturday:

Flash Morgan Webster vs Matt Cross

Mike Bird, Wild Boar & Jimmy Havoc vs #CCK (Chris Brookes & Travis Banks) & Jinny 

Laura Di Matteo vs Candy Floss vs Charli Evans vs Rhea O'Reilly

Zack Gibson vs Chuck Mambo 

Millie McKenzie vs Omari

Aussie Open (Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher) issue an Open Challenge 

Pre-show: Charlie Carter & Oisin Delany vs Connor Mills & Maverick Mayhew

Archived