General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

What makes the 8-2 more delicious for me was that I had attended Spurs 1-5 Man City beforehand, and walking through Haringey afterwards some little shit in an Arsenal top asked me what the score was and I told him we'd lost and he started guffawing, and I like to imagine his face later on in the day when he was watching the game :)

That reminds me a little bit of a guy who gave me a load of shit coming out of Oxford in 2003/04. They beat us 2-1, I think they were top of the league - certainly riding high, and he gave me dogs abuse from his car as we walked back to ours. When we won the play-off final in 2008, they were in the Conference. Wished I could see that bloke that night.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
9 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Ah squandering 3-0 leads at half time is nothing, we've made it an art-form. :(

Yeah, I mean we've had worse defeats and more embarrassing moments (cough you winning the league at WHL cough) but that is a horrendous memory for me.

Jonathan Macken with the winner. lolz

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah, I mean we've had worse defeats and more embarrassing moments (cough you winning the league at WHL cough) but that is a horrendous memory for me.

Jonathan Macken with the winner. lolz

One of the best games I've ever seen. Who was it who got sent off right on half time? Joey Barton? Luckily I was doing nack all that night, otherwise i'd have turned it off without the result such a foregone conclusion. That come back was phenomonal.

• Members
7 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

One of the best games I've ever seen. Who was it who got sent off right on half time? Joey Barton? Luckily I was doing nack all that night, otherwise i'd have turned it off without the result such a foregone conclusion. That come back was phenomonal.

Yep, Barton got sent off. IIRC Wright Phillips scored a lovely little chip before Mackens looped header which stayed in the air for 3 and a half years before going in.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/3447235.stm

Absolute banter.

Keith mate lay off the pop yeah, I know you like a bev but supporting Cov ain't good for ya.

I used to work at the Cov ground. Had a season ticket there back from 07 to 11.

Fucking dog shit football....the city is a but rough as well, lived in Longford myself and had far to many people wanna fight for my liking so got out and went up to Manc.

Loved Cov back in the day back in the PREM but cov council killed the club for me moving us to Northampton...... no need for it really. Shame. I remember the days of Darren Huckerby 

Wasn't he shagging one of the all saints?

Yeah, the council always get overlooked when it comes to blame, them and SISU were like two people bluffing who have never played poker.  Longford is as shit as the football so you did the right thing. 

• Paid Members

Well bugger me backwards.

According to Italian press Wolves had a bid for Andre Silva rejected today by Milan ... £35 million.

A Championship side bidding £35 million on a player, wow.

Wolves from some sources are preparing a second bid. Craziest season as a Wolves fan I have ever experienced.

Football really is going to shit and as usual it's English clubs at the epicenter of it.

Chelsea and Man City becoming superpowers overnight was bad but a small second-tier team bidding 40 mil on a Milan player is when you know that, perhaps, restrictions need to be brought it in on foreign ownership.

It's getting to the point where they might as well allocate half of the Champions League spots to English teams.

• Paid Members

You can sod off with that thought process, if Chelsea and Citeh can buy success for the last however many years, us lowly shitehawk second tier teams want a piece of the action too!

In all honesty it's ridiculous.

Has it reached the point where total spending in England has dwarfed that of every other European country put together yet? 

Wolves outspending Madrid and Barca ffs...

Unless they increase the European spots for English teams and just continue to monopolise football this is just going to become unsustainable.

The amount of hyperbole and piousness over how teams like Coventry and Darlington were ran into the ground and nothing learned because the new crop of foreign owners just have bigger pockets.

Archived