General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The Barkley transfer chat confuses me. Who's interested in him? All I ever hear about him, is that he wants away from Everton but to who? I don't think anyone who finished above them this season should be interested in him, can't see him going abroad and why would he take a step down to your West Hams or Saints. Everton seems the right level for him, this 3 year saga of will he/won't he leave seems to be completely superficial. 

Think the emotion will get the better of me if he does. An absolute hero in football and deserves all the credit he gets. Following them to Serie B, the incredible longevity, his humbleness, just love everything about him. 

Plus stepbrother is Napoli and it'll really piss him off in Naples ;)

• Paid Members

Different class from Real tonight. Bale struggled though and I wonder if the plan will still be to shape the team around him. Ronaldo had put him back in the shade this season with his performances. He's been injured yes but it'll be a long way back. 

Gutted for Buffon though, anyone know if he's retiring now?

• Paid Members

Only 30 years old. Just stunned. Difficult to take and and pretty scary.

What's with the high number of African footballers suddenly collapsing and passing away like this?

• Paid Members

Absolutely stunned by the news of Tiote. 30 years old and a prime athlete. It makes no sense. Could understand it if he was a local player who'd never had a check, then would moan about lack of heart screening, but how does a player who's been transferred for millions of pounds not have something like this show up? Unless it did and was ignored or "managed".

That equaliser agaisnt Arsenal is one of the greatest PL moments ever. Perhaps even in the top 10. He'll never be forgotten for that.

I loved Cheick Tiote. He was the definition of a full blooded, commited footballer.

I'm a Mag and I'll always have fond memories of the twice yearly bet to see who got booked in the Tyne/ Wear derby first, Tiote or Cattermole.

Too young and seemingly too strong to believe really.

Gutted.

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Murtz said:

Only 30 years old. Just stunned. Difficult to take and and pretty scary.

What's with the high number of African footballers suddenly collapsing and passing away like this?

I read an article on this subject a few months ago and I can't find the bloody thing now, but it was really interesting and well sourced.

Awful news though. Love watching midfielders like him. Terrible age to go.

• Paid Members

Anyone actually believe that Liverpool will not only pay the £50 million but expected wages to land Van Dijk? Few websites reporting it but I can't see it. 

£35 million for Salah and they'd have spent £85 million on two players that address none of their problem areas.

Seems a bit far fetched even for silly season.

Van Djik is on, all respectable journos have pretty much confirmed it and how do those two potential transfers not address our problem areas? VVD is an excellent defender and Salah adds extra pace to our attack.

Our biggest problem last year wasn't conceding goals it was not being able to break down stubborn opposition especially without Mane. We'll always ship goals under Klopps football, the best we can hope for is to be better at set pieces  and score more than the opposition.

Archived