General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

The Guardian reckon Ronaldo is getting £500k a week for 4 years.

I agree with Gus. While you maybe fancy it to be a rubbish deal for anyone else, Ronaldo is a bit of a machine. He's still fast and strong, showing his 33 years is just a number. It's maybe a bit of a generalisation, these days, but Serie A was always kinder to older legs because of the pace of the Italian game - I've not watched Serie A in over 5 years, though, so maybe that has changed.

I'm just a bit sad we'll never see him again in a United shirt. His magic and drive may have even lifted the mediocrity of Mourinho.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

I really do think he could continue being one of the best players in the world for another 3/4 years. Plus, Juventus get one of the most marketable names in sports history.

Completely agree. He's a physical freak, he'll definitely be going at top level for a few years yet. I mean, he's still clearly one of the very best players in the world. Whereas Messi will probably start slowing down a bit and playing a deeper role, becoming a visionary genius, Ronaldo will probably change very little about his game. Run, dribble, smack the ball, jump and do that fucking celebration.

3 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

The Guardian reckon Ronaldo is getting £500k a year for 4 years.

£500k a year? What a steal!! Juve have got Mendes over a barrell here. He must be so busy turning Wolves into the 2011 Barcelona team that he's forgotten to negotiate a decent salary for Ronnie!

• Paid Members

If Juve can get another three full-time years out of Ronaldo and then one at the end of him doing more bench-warming, £80-odd million is a bargain before you even factor in the insane amount of marketing sales they will make.

• Paid Members

It isn't just a physical thing with Ronaldo, for as much as he's a genetic freak he also trains absolutely fucking relentlessly. Great deal for all involved - Juventus are getting one of the best players (if not THE best in world football, horses for courses and all that), Ronaldo gets a fresh challenge, another fat contract plus the chance win another title in another country and the chance to win the Champions League with three different sides, and even Madrid are making a profit on the fee they originally paid for him, let alone all the success and revenue he's generated for them in his ten years with them. 

• Paid Members

Meanwhile...

This isn't healthy for him mentally. We're still only weeks removed from that night, but it hasn't been long enough to clear the air, so he's going to get more shit than he deserves for it.

• Paid Members

We had a discussion about Liverpool and keepers earlier in this thread and I'm quite sure a couple of people stated that a high quality keeper isn't necessarily a priority for them. Yet again, I have to ask how on earth that can be the case.

Karius is done. He should have been done before the Champions League final. Nobody will forget this and nobody will let him forget it. If he's getting wound up by a few Tranmere fans at a friendly then fuck knows what he'll be like when he's stood in front of the Stretford End.

When Taibi sent one through his legs, he was almost immediately packed off back to Italy. It was the best thing for him. Nobody back there cared about it and he went back to being one of the best keepers in Italy for a bunch more years.

Karius needs to go back to Germany and get away from all this. I legitimately worry for him being exposed like this. Klopp is a moron for persevering with him and not spending money on a high quality international keeper, which Karius never was in the first place. It's ridiculous. 

• Paid Members

Bryan Ferry finally gone from Chelsea 😢

We haven't treated a manger so poorly since Ancelotti. Having him come in to do 3 days of pre-season training before binning him is a classless and a pretty damning indictment of how the club is being run at the moment. This season has the imminent feel of disaster, especially with our record of recruitment recently. 

50 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Bryan Ferry finally gone from Chelsea 😢

We haven't treated a manger so poorly since Ancelotti. Having him come in to do 3 days of pre-season training before binning him is a classless and a pretty damning indictment of how the club is being run at the moment. This season has the imminent feel of disaster, especially with our record of recruitment recently. 

Chelsea winning the league next season then...

• Moderators
On 7/11/2018 at 12:20 AM, Devon Malcolm said:

We had a discussion about Liverpool and keepers earlier in this thread and I'm quite sure a couple of people stated that a high quality keeper isn't necessarily a priority for them. Yet again, I have to ask how on earth that can be the case.

Karius is done. He should have been done before the Champions League final. Nobody will forget this and nobody will let him forget it. If he's getting wound up by a few Tranmere fans at a friendly then fuck knows what he'll be like when he's stood in front of the Stretford End.

When Taibi sent one through his legs, he was almost immediately packed off back to Italy. It was the best thing for him. Nobody back there cared about it and he went back to being one of the best keepers in Italy for a bunch more years.

Karius needs to go back to Germany and get away from all this. I legitimately worry for him being exposed like this. Klopp is a moron for persevering with him and not spending money on a high quality international keeper, which Karius never was in the first place. It's ridiculous. 

Liverpool Echo reckons Klopp might be going with Danny Ward. If true, that's great news for Wales and Wrexham FC.

I did wonder if that was Klopps way of telling the owners to cough up the Alisson fee but that's not really his way,  its more the Rafa way. I wouldn't be surprised if he took the risk and threw him in there. At 25 and no top tier football under his belt it would be a hell of a gamble though. Should make Wrexham a nice bit of dough if we do end up signing a GK though, there's no way he'll hang around.

The lad Wilson just signed a new contract and is off to the mutant land of Stoke for a year too . Could be a couple of Wrexham lads knocking on the first team door by next season.

Archived