General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, hallicks said:

What's a "facility fee"? Something to do with the extra money for individual televised games? 

Yep, judging by the fact the sums correlate with the number of games played.

I'd love to see a La Liga equivalent of this table.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

I support wba, so, i am interested in those figures, anyone know of similar chart for those? 

If I remember right, it's £64m paid over 3 years, but the lions share is paid in the first year after relegation...

edit:

a quick search brought this up:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/02/parachute-payments-clubs-relegated-premier-league

Didn't realise that teams who only spend a single year up in the "promised land" don't get the full 3 years  worth of parachute payments. 

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Yep, judging by the fact the sums correlate with the number of games played.

I'd love to see a La Liga equivalent of this table.

I remember reading last year's La Liga equivalent and Barca and Real ended up with the same revenue as Everton. I'll see if I can dig it out.

EDIT: Here we go.

• Paid Members

Wow, that's crazy. I can only imagine the gulf between what those two get from tv revenue compared with the rest of La Liga (Atleti aside, to an extent). At least you can commend the Premier League for trying to keep the playing field relatively level here. Although, the bigger PL clubs have been trying to change the model where they negotiate their own TV deals in recent years haven't they.

Looking at the income table I think you can also see why some of the bigger clubs (I will name Arsenal and Tottenham) are reluctant to spend silly money on players as the overall money isn't really much different, not to the extent of say Arsenal spending £100m on a squad with the team finishing top only earning an extra £7m. You can kind of see from a business point of view why they stick to their models. I know the Champions League brings in extra, but in this day and age, only one player extra really. 

• Awards Moderator

In the least surprising announcement of the post-season, Bisto Tits has been sacked by Everton. Silva likely to be in next but there are already a lot of top-level changes in motion, so it's going to be a big old summer for Everton.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Its being reported he is being paid up £6million also, christ, easy money this being a manager, it almost in a way could encourage managers to do bad on purpose and get sacked 

• Awards Moderator
24 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

What's the deal with the fans turning on Big Sam? All things considered, he did the job with a bit of a rubbish squad. Is it the usual "we want entertaining football" gripe?

I'm not a blue but a load of my mates are and there have been so many frustrations.

There were a few 'he's not good enough for Everton' shouts from the second he walked in, with them still seeing themselves as a big club (which they are, but not in terms of recent success), so he was up against a large section of the fanbase from day one. But from what I can gather, it wasn't so much entertaining football they wanted, but at least some mildly acceptable football. His formations were baffling, he was getting booed when he made negative substitutions (a lot of which transferred to the players) and a lot of the comments in press conferences wound them up no-end. He got the initial results to drag them up the table but after then the ground became absolutely toxic.

I think this might help highlight the dirge they've had to put up with:

1394379514_WhatsAppImage2018-05-16at11_09_35.thumb.jpeg.4a0b1e4065103a4bc659a19a8885a06a.jpeg

• Paid Members

Thanks for the info, @Frankie Crisp.

I still feel a little sorry for Big Sam. Clearly the football was dreadful (if you're paying to watch that display every week, then fair fucks), but he did take charge of a bit of an uneven mess of a squad (weren't Everton playing Sigurdsson on the left and swapping with old Rooney for a central role?), and at least turned them into a top half borefest. IIRC, Allardyce was fully aware of what needed to be improved - hence the addition of Theo "well, he's fast" Walcott. I'm interested to see what they do now to sort it out because we've seen how the current squad creeks at the mere suggestion of 'open football'.

I guess my long-winded point is, Allardyce did a good job considering how feckless Everton looked when he arrived.

54 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Moyes going to Everton and Big Sam to West Ham would be fucking hilarious.

Yeah, I was discussing this with someone at work. November can't come soon enough.

Archived