General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
10 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Hats off to Cardiff on promotion. Know people on here generally can't stand Warnock, but I think he's done aĀ phenomenal job to get them up. Has to be one of the worst sides to get automatic promotion from the Championship in a long, long time. A load of journeymen and a side that really ought to have been mid table.

Ā 

Cardiff can get to fuck. Every last day of the season me and the gents I drink with every day put a pound in for every team in the division ending to score that day. Cardiff and 5 other teams owe me 2 fucking grand. Taff cunts. (And if anyone says "You're Welsh, so you're a taff" remember I can trace your home address from your IP. I fucking hate the Taffs)

• Paid Members

Cardiff's main skill of kicking the living fuck out of their opponents may not work as well in the Prem.

In the Championship it's obviously fine to hack the shit out of players because it's 2nd tier and English football can be traced back to hacking and chopping your way through a game. But Cardiff touching any of the chosen few in the way they kicked their way through the division this season will only result in suspensions galore.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Cardiff's main skill of kicking the living fuck out of their opponents may not work as well in the Prem.

In the Championship it's obviously fine to hack the shit out of players because it's 2nd tier and English football can be traced back to hacking and chopping your way through a game. But Cardiff touching any of the chosen few in the way they kicked their way through the division this season will only result in suspensions galore.

Don't know about that;Ā it's worked for the Sam's and Pulis's (Pulises?) of this world for long enough. If Cardiff go down next year,Ā it will be because they are utterly bereft of quality as opposed to playing style in my view. With that side as it currently stands, attempting to play it on the ground would be suicidal against Premier League calibre sides.

29 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Don't know about that;Ā it's worked for the Sam's and Pulis's (Pulises?) of this world for long enough. If Cardiff go down next year,Ā it will be because they are utterly bereft of quality as opposed to playing style in my view. With that side as it currently stands, attempting to play it on the ground would be suicidal against Premier League calibre sides.

Puli?Ā 

8 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

I wouldn't say Cardiff have kicked their way through the division at all. They press incredibly hard and like to win the ball in the opposition's half. I'm not sure how we can go all season in the premiership with those tactics as we will get found out by more quality teams. No one can deny our team spirit and the players want to play for the manager.

I'm biased but we are an exciting team to watch, I believe the neutrals will enjoy watching us play next season, we are always on the attack, it's just we are a bit one dimensional at times.

• Paid Members

A Championship or lower side can do a lot worse than to get Warnock in. Isn't he the manager with the most promotions of all time or something? He's not great at keeping them up, but if Everton were to get rid of Allardyce that'd solveĀ that problem as well.

I'm happy the Rovers got promoted. Shame they couldn't win the division. I'm just hoping half the squad doesn't get sold so there's a chance of staying up.

• Paid Members

What a lovely evening of football. Huddersfield bravely staying up, Chelsea (probably) - along with Arsenal, of course - looking forward to that Thursday - Sunday fixture pattern for a(nother, in Arsenal's case) season, Spurs up into third (though I do think we will end up fourth, come Sunday evening). I have to say, as deflating as it was not to win the FA Cup - which I really thought we should have pushed on and won, that really pissed me off - a season where we haven't gone backwards, where we've, yes, trodden water a bit while playing 37 (so far) away games, is not too bad.Ā 

Having said that, I expect us to sell a couple of players in the summer - Toby and Danny Rose - that'll have the media banging on about how they left because Spurs can't win trophies, when in Toby's case it's because he's got one, last big payday to nail down and in Rose's case it's because he mouthed off to The Sun before the season started, not realising that Ben Davies would just make that position his. I don't know, I'm as optimistic as a Tottenham fan can realistically be, tonight. Can't wait to get into the new stadium and - with the expected revenue of the stadium, securing Champions League cash and the new TV deal, I expect that we will be making a couple of "name" signings in the summer. You know, people Danny Rose won't have to Google in the United dressing room.

Also, as much as I dislike Manchester City, the number of goals they've scored, the points they've amassed - the way they have, simply, sauntered off with the league this season, it is impressive. So, yeah, fuck it, congrats to them.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

What a lovely evening of football. Huddersfield bravely staying up, Chelsea (probably) - along with Arsenal, of course - looking forward to that Thursday - Sunday fixture pattern for a(nother, in Arsenal's case) season, Spurs up into third (though I do think we will end up fourth, come Sunday evening). I have to say, as deflating as it was not to win the FA Cup - which I really thought we should have pushed on and won, that really pissed me off - a season where we haven't gone backwards, where we've, yes, trodden water a bit while playing 37 (so far) away games, is not too bad.Ā 

Having said that, I expect us to sell a couple of players in the summer - Toby and Danny Rose - that'll have the media banging on about how they left because Spurs can't win trophies, when in Toby's case it's because he's got one, last big payday to nail down and in Rose's case it's because he mouthed off to The Sun before the season started, not realising that Ben Davies would just make that position his. I don't know, I'm as optimistic as a Tottenham fan can realistically be, tonight. Can't wait to get into the new stadium and - with the expected revenue of the stadium, securing Champions League cash and the new TV deal, I expect that we will be making a couple of "name" signings in the summer. You know, people Danny Rose won't have to Google in the United dressing room.

Celebrating finishing in the top four, not winning anything tangible, justifying player sales, getting exicted about revenue, talkingĀ about the new stadium.

You've become what you claim to hate; Arsenal.

Are Tottenham not playing Alderweireld because of a contract dispute? I thought he was injured. That's incredibly backward of Poc. You don't drop your best defender over that shit. He's honouring his contract and he's at a level where he can play for a better team and earn more money so he's completely within his rights to run his contract down. Spurs should pay up and show more ambition if they want to keep their players happy.

Yeah, I don't know how you could mark Spurs season as anything but a failure. Dropped off in the league, bottled it in Europe and the cup and will be losing two useful andĀ  expensive to to replaceĀ  players over penny pinching in the summer. Kane pissed away any goodwill he had too over the goal claiming incident.

Bring on the cheese room next year though!

Archived