General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Tony Schiavone works at BeIN now. Should do some punditry.

Why the fuck didnt West Brom sack Pardew earlier? What a shite bloke he is. West Brom will be lucky to keep hold of Darren Moore at this rate. He's really putting himself in the shop window.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moore's progress at West Brom perhaps proves the point that the opportunities aren't there for black managers in British football. Has an equivalent to the Rooney Rule in American sports being introduced yet?

Chris Hughton is another black manager doing a fantastic job, to the point where he has been nominated for PL Manager of the Year, yet he never seems to be linked with jobs the status of which his record deserves.

Some managers like Allardyce and Pardew seem to keep getting jobs because they're more outspoken and know how to play the media game.

24 minutes ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

Chris Hughton is another black manager doing a fantastic job, to the point where he has been nominated for PL Manager of the Year, yet he never seems to be linked with jobs the status of which his record deserves.

Good manager who has a record and status of keeping teams up that are favoured to be relegated...

You want the likes of Arsenal to offer him a job? 

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

Moore's progress at West Brom perhaps proves the point that the opportunities aren't there for black managers in British football. Has an equivalent to the Rooney Rule in American sports being introduced yet?

One of the distinct differences with the two names you've mentioned is that both got their coaching badges and worked their way up through coaching at clubs.

Houghton is the shining example for Black players wanting to get into coaching, get your badges, associate with a club and earn your way into a managerial position.

Not Sol Campbell, who assumes because he played for Arsenal he should walk into management.

The BAME rule is in affect, but it's voluntary to EFL clubs.

Wolves for example when Zenga got sacked interviewed Paul Ince, then when Lambert got the sack we hired Nuno.

• Paid Members

Nowhere near a United fan and this has actually brought me to tears. 

Fergie is the football I know. His passion and drive for the game made me interested in it. 

Fucking hope he pulls through. Even when being a bellend he was still one of the true greats. 

• Awards Moderator
38 minutes ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

With Fergie Time he should have another 2, 3 years minimum.

Even with you on mute, you seem to be able stink up a thread you fucking melt.

It's awful about Ferguson. Like many my age, he was the enemy of football growing up because he dominated the early Premier League years. I HATED him. But that was a teenage jealousy thing; as an adult, you look at him and nobody compares. Regardless of the last few years, Alex Ferguson IS the Premier League. The coaching, the mentality and brash approach to his competition. The fact that he considered retiring, couldn't do it, then stayed on the win more trophies shows the mark of the man. From the reports, it sounds like he's doing well and I hope that's an accurate assessment. He binned footy to enjoy his later years and if anyone deserves it, it's him.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

With Fergie Time he should have another 2, 3 years minimum.

Hopefully you'll get that next time you're noncing.

5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Hopefully you'll get that next time you're noncing.

This must be the eighth or ninth time I've heard you mention "nonce" or "noncing". Anyone would begin to think you're a nonce.

As for the joke. You're right, Jacko, not the time or place. 

The rest of ye are just sinking to my level with disgusting insults.

I obviously wish no ill will on the man FFS. It's just a bad joke. Lighten up.

Personally, my respect for Ferguson grew after he called on moronic fans to quit with chants making light of pedophilia re: Wenger.

Sound familiar?

Archived