General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Did they say why? I find it weird that they rejected him and yet gaveĀ Fred Flintoff, who trained by drinking beer and passing out in pedalos, the all clear a few years back.Ā 

Qwhite strange, isn't it?

• Paid Members

Looks like Stevie G to Rangers will be confirmed today. Potentially pretty fascinating I think. Interesting to see how he gets on taking a big job on for his first gig. They'll have made some promises to attract him. Could be a big shot in the arm for Scottish Fitba too. It'll certainly bring a ton of attention. Gerrard vs. Rodgers in the derbies too.

45 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Looks like Stevie G to Rangers will be confirmed today. Potentially pretty fascinating I think. Interesting to see how he gets on taking a big job on for his first gig. They'll have made some promises to attract him. Could be a big shot in the arm for Scottish Fitba too. It'll certainly bring a ton of attention. Gerrard vs. Rodgers in the derbies too.

Apparently McAllister as assistant and signing Skrtel in the summer, many talking Rhian Brewster there next summer. They must have said he will have x amount for the next 3 seasons, I imagine that what will excite fans and accept the risk of a new manager. The problem is that to cover this I would imagine Rangers will have to get into the group stages of the Europa league at least.

To be honest I have a feeling this will make Celtic spend a bit more money this season as Rodgers will demand it, they have not spent much over the past 6 years (the last 2 being some of the highest) and possibly offering higher contracts to keep players and buying in a few. Fans are expecting Dembele and Rogic to go and Edouard to come in for about Ā£5m then an extra Ā£5m with add ons. Rumours to come in are McGinn, Mignolet (God help us) and Hernandez from Hull.

Out of curiosity Rick, if Celtic could get Hernandez as a free but pay Ā£40,000 a week would you say it is worth it?

• Paid Members

In theory, sure, butĀ the Rangers board are a bit of a shambolic bunch.Ā Hence the volatile nature of the managers job in recent years. I gave up on it years ago, but I hope for Scottish footballs sake Gerrard has some super powers and can help bring some of that much vaunted stability to a football club.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Out of curiosity Rick, if Celtic could get Hernandez as a free but pay Ā£40,000 a week would you say it is worth it?

Worth every penny. He's been outstanding in the Championship both times, injuries permitting. He'll score goals for fun up there. He was going to Italy, Fiorentina probably last summer before the achilles injury, so I'd be surprised if he's not wanted out there. VIlla want him too.

Archived