General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

The quality of football in the CL this year has been dreadful, but it makes for good entertainment.

To think that Liverpool led Roma 5-0 at one stage but would still be going out if not for more calamitous goal giveaways and several crucial decisions somehow going their way.

The last 100 odd minutes of that tie have me convinced Madrid will win the final.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

The quality of football in the CL this year has been dreadful, but it makes for good entertainment.

To think that Liverpool led Roma 5-0 at one stage but would still be going out if not for more calamitous goal giveaways and several crucial decisions somehow going their way.

The last 100 odd minutes of that tie have me convinced Madrid will win the final.

Considering Bayern battered Madrid over 2 legs and only went through due to an absolute howler from the Bayern keeper and a referee who didn’t see fit to give Bayern a blatant penalty.

Also Juventus too? 

I don’t see why Liverpool don’t win the game 6-5. 

• Paid Members

Liverpool are definitely going to win the Champions League. Let's be honest with ourselves here. It doesn't matter if they're better or worse than Madrid overall, I can just feel it in my bones.

Fucks sake.

56 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Liverpool are definitely going to win the Champions League. Let's be honest with ourselves here. It doesn't matter if they're better or worse than Madrid overall, I can just feel it in my bones.

Fucks sake.

But if Mo gets a ban over that flailing punch Kane might win the golden boot so it's swings and roundabouts.

Has Tuchel signed on the dotted line at PSG yet? Anyone reckon Wenger to PSG with Tuchel and Buvac going to the Arsenal is a goer. Wenger has made a lot of noise about carrying on working.

• Paid Members

Nah can't see Tuchel at Arsenal. One of the main reasons he left Dortmund was due to a falling out with our new head of recruitment Sven Mislintat.

I'm certain Wenger will carry on managing and I don't even think he will take a full year off. France job perhaps?

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Fucks sake.

Nauseating, isn't it? Cue a month of every media outlet banging on about how Liverpool are the pride of Britain and the 'neutrals favourites'. It's the same bollocks that made Gerrard slipping his way to abject failure so wonderfully satisfying. Unfortunately, I can't see history repeating itself. 

Oh well, at least @Carbomb will be pleased.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Oh well, at least @Carbomb will be pleased.

I actually dared to hope that Roma might overturn the deficit, but 'twas not to be. As it is, one of two out of the four teams I want least to win anything will win the CL again.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Fucking hell lads, you've all sold me on the coaching idea. I'm super psyched about the prospect now :(

On the parents subject, as well as thinking their kid has a good given right to play every minute of every game and in a position they want them to play in, have there been problems where the parents are trying to coach their kid during the game in a way that conflicts with your coaching/instructions? I can see that happening a lot.

Yeah, they're a pain. When I was running the girls team last season, I just sat them down in front of all the parents and told them to ignore everything that didn't come from me or the coach. It didn't always work but it made the point.

I watched ten minutes of a game last night while I was waiting to lock the ground. I'm now massively familiar with "Charlie" because his Dad never shut the fuck up!

1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

One of the lads in work keeps saying "Red Men! European royalty"

It's fucking infuriating me. Maybe I am bitter, but I'd never carry on like that, ever. And the cunt has never even been to Anfield.

No that's not bitter at all that cunt needs to be roofied and left in tramps den.

• Paid Members

Genuinely, I'd love to turn around and tell him I've been to Liverpool European games (Roma in 2002 at Anfield and Celtic at Anfield a year later) and was stuck in the Kop as a blue, but that sounds spiteful and childish on my part. No joke boss, I'm being pushed to absolute petulance here...

And the prick ate an apple earlier. Fucking noise of it.

Archived