General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Arsenal lose 1-1 to Atletico in Wenger's last home European tie, with a man up for 80min and a manager up for 77.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah? Well I've heard he HATES the likes of your Frankie Crisps, your Punksteps, your Carbombs, your Houchens, your really top, top posters

Literally?

• Paid Members
On 24/04/2018 at 4:23 PM, Cod Eye said:

Trying to think on, but having a block. Was Wenger the first of the foreign managers to come over and manage in the Premier League?

Probably having a mental block but wasn' the esteemed Dr. Jozef Venglos at Villa not the first.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Probably having a mental block but wasn' the esteemed Dr. Jozef Venglos at Villa not the first.

Tecnically that was the old. First division. Ron Atkinson was in charge of Villa in the 1st premier leauge season

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, theironshake said:

Tecnically that was the old. First division. Ron Atkinson was in charge of Villa in the 1st premier leauge season

Yeah, Venglos came to mind straight away but that was pre-PL. Ardiles was the first foreign manager. Gullit was just before Wenger too as player/manager at Chelsea.

14 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

What on earth did Turner do? I know why he's in my hate list but I do have to ask. 

17 hours ago, Grecian said:

It goes back to when Exeter were in the Conference and in a lot of debt (see number 3 on my list). 

We went into administration and the Conference wanted to dock us points, as happened in the league. However, it wasn't in their rules, so we contested it. 

The Conference wanted all the other clubs to stick a sum of money into a pot to pay their legal fees, which most couldn't afford. They brought in a new rule, but too late to hit us with a points deduction. 

When asked what he thought about it, Turner said 'I don't know why they're fighting against the deduction do much, they'll be out of business by the end of the season.'

And then we drew Man Utd in the Cup, wiped our debts out and a hearty middle finger to Turner. 

Here you go...

Archived