General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Just now, Carbomb said:

For me, it's nothing to do with supporting English clubs. If the choice comes down to either Liverpool or fucking Real Madrid winning, I'd rather Liverpool. At this point in time, I'm hoping Bayern turn Real over though.

You apparently support Manchester United and you want Liverpool to win the Champions League? OK then.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Just now, Gus Mears said:

You apparently support Manchester United and you want Liverpool to win the Champions League? OK then.

I don't want them to win. In the current situation, I want Bayern to turn things around. But it's looking increasingly unlikely. 

Ultimately, there are only two clubs I truly, utterly hate - Real Madrid and AC Milan. Of course, I'm not going to support Liverpool if I don't have to, but there are several other clubs right now who I'd rather see fail more.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

It is remarkable. And their team is very likeable and immensely talented in a number of positions but I don't think I could stomach them winning the thing. No matter how likeable or otherwise the team and manager are, their fans are horrendous. I've met one Liverpool fan in my entire life that hasn't been a shit head when it comes to talking about football.

I happen to think they will win the thing so that's yet another reason this season has been shit overall.

100% this. I was really rooting for Liverpool to win the CL final in 2005, but I regretted that decision ever since because of the way their fans are. Sadly I do think they've got it sewn up this year. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

such a handsome bastard

See, that's one part I disagree with. I don't think he's handsome- he has a pretty boy teen idol look about him but he's not dashing.

I'd choose Liverpool, United and City over Real in a Champions League final- but that only applies with Real, not any other European club. Other than that, non-English clubs all day long. I wouldn't choose Chelsea or Spurs against Real, though. To be honest, if Ronaldo wasn't there, I would feel very differently about them. It's really him I despise.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

giphy.gif

Yeah, basically this.

Liverpool are your fiercest rival over many decades. I find it baffling why any United fan would prefer them to win the European cup over any other team going. I don't agree with PunkStep on being OK with other British big clubs winning over Madrid, but I at least understand. Plus he doesn't want Chelsea or Spurs getting anywhere near it who are somewhat equivalent rivals.

I'm probably over partisan; in that I see football in this country as totally zero sum and want every other English club barring Chelsea to do miserably. But I sure as shit wouldn't be cheering a club like Arsenal in Europe against anyone.

1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

I hope that, if it is Liverpool vs Real in the final, that Liverpool win, not a LFC fan but it would be nice to see someone different win it

Nah, someone different would be Spurs winning it. We've won it 5 times you know. Remember that night in Istanbul. My word, most knowledgeable and passionate fans in the world.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

Yeah, basically this.

Liverpool are your fiercest rival over many decades. I find it baffling why any United fan would prefer them to win the European cup over any other team going. I don't agree with PunkStep on being OK with other British big clubs winning over Madrid, but I at least understand. Plus he doesn't want Chelsea or Spurs getting anywhere near it who are somewhat equivalent rivals.

I'm probably over partisan; in that I see football in this country as totally zero sum and want every other English club barring Chelsea to do miserably. But I sure as shit wouldn't be cheering a club like Arsenal in Europe against anyone.

Again: it's just Real Madrid (and AC Milan, but now they've been cut down to size a bit, they're a bit more bearable). I consider them, along with AC, to be amongst the original and biggest contributors to the more unpleasant, monetary direction football went in from the 80s onwards, and thus a part of the reason why I stopped watching with any regularity from about 2001 onwards. In that context, of all the myriad things I count against Liverpool, that's not one of them. I agree about the fan thing, though - I've met some outright obnoxious pricks, who'll come up with all sorts of bollocks to justify their shitness or slag off United. The Evra/Suarez thing was one of the worst examples of that, particularly the stuff that came up on social media.

To put this into some perspective, they're probably the third- or fourth-last team in the world, after Real, AC, and City, that I want to see win anything.

10 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

The Evra/Suarez thing was one of the worst examples of that, particularly the stuff that came up on social media.

Eesh, I'd almost forgotten all that. Was a barmy time in the city.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

One of my best friends supports all the English teams in Europe, I just find it bizarre and, well, a bit Brexit. Then again he's a West Ham fan.

I couldn't even give a shit about English teams doing well from a UEFA coefficient perspective.

I guess my football hate list looks something like this:

1) Jose Mourinho

2) Cristiano Ronaldo

3) Chelsea

4) Spurs

5 & 6) Joint between Man United/Liverpool

7) Man City

8) Tony Pulis

9) Stoke

10) Pretty much anyone that played in England's GOLDEN GENERATION during the early 2000s

Barca make occasional appearances in the 'top 10 of hate' when they are trying to unsettle any of our players.

• Paid Members

If we are doing footballing top 10hate lists then this would be mine. 

1. West Ham 

2. Neil Warnock

3. Crystal Palace

4. Charlton

5. Every other London club and anyone associated with them. 

6. Neil Warnock

7. Neil Warnock

8. Neil Warnock

9. Neil Warnock

10. Neil fucking Warnock. 

Archived