General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I have to say I have really enjoyed watching the ol' gegenpressing from Liverpool this season. Makes me wish United had waited a bit longer instead of going for Mourinho, but that's a hindsight thing. Am well jelly though.

They've got great firepower and style, albeit with a bit of a glass jaw. Klopp sorts that out for next season, and they'll be terrifying.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was saying to a mate last night how I'd love to see how far Mourinho would drag this version of Salah down, if United bought him. I assume Salah would be on the bench for a spell and called a twat in the space of 6 months, finishing the season with a mighty 10 goals in all competitions.

Klopp, on the otherhand, seems to know what he needs and gets the most out of it. Look no further than how he's steadily got the Ox playing effectively in his team.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Have mentioned it before on here! Also in training at RBW.

That was a long time ago, I've slept since then! I just assumed you were one of them lesser-spotted neutrals.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Pinc said:

I hate saying this but Liverpool's run to the CL final, assuming they get this tie over the line, is remarkable. They've put 5 goals past their opponent in each knockout round and they still have another leg to score more. When they won it under Benitez you could at least needle them that they were boring each opponent into submission (wasn't there a particularly galling bus-parking at Juve?). This time their extremely likeable eleven is just blowing everyone away.

It is remarkable. And their team is very likeable and immensely talented in a number of positions but I don't think I could stomach them winning the thing. No matter how likeable or otherwise the team and manager are, their fans are horrendous. I've met one Liverpool fan in my entire life that hasn't been a shit head when it comes to talking about football.

I happen to think they will win the thing so that's yet another reason this season has been shit overall.

5 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

It is remarkable. And their team is very likeable and immensely talented in a number of positions but I don't think I could stomach them winning the thing. No matter how likeable or otherwise the team and manager are, their fans are horrendous. I've met one Liverpool fan in my entire life that hasn't been a shit head when it comes to talking about football.

I happen to think they will win the thing so that's yet another reason this season has been shit overall.

This perfectly sums up how I feel. In general I don't like Liverpool, but I like to be entertained and their team certainly does that. Part of me wants to see them win the whole thing but the other part of me doesn't want to see their fans banging on about it for the next decade. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

The alternative is (likely) Real. I'm fine with Liverpool winning it at this stage.

Yeah, agreed. I'd rather put up with Liverpool fans on Twitter than having to look at a topless Ronaldo soak up the glory.

It's incredible. This Real Madrid team is far from the best Real side I've seen, and they could win a 4th Champions League in 5 years. In that same timeframe, they have won just one league title. Fair play to them for finding a way every time, the tournament format really must suit them and/or Zidane.

• Paid Members

For me, it's nothing to do with supporting English clubs. If the choice comes down to either Liverpool or fucking Real Madrid winning, I'd rather Liverpool. At this point in time, I'm hoping Bayern turn Real over though.

Archived