General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See to me I think the next manager that comes in will have it tough as it is, so not sure whether an Arsenal legend rightly or wrongly should get the job.

I think if they appoint someone else who doesn't work out, then maybe a Henry or Vieira could save the day and step into the club to sort things out.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Chelsea fans: Do you not want to murder someone watching De Bruyne and Salah this year? 

I'd imagine that person would be the man that deemed them both surplus to requirements- happy bollocks himself Jose Mourinho. Can't wait for Memphis Depay and Paddy McNair to battle for the PFA award in a few years time.

23 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Liverpool are going to fuck this up, aren't they? 

Nah, I'm still confident.

Completely trounced them for the best part of 60 minutes. If Mane had his finishing boots on it could have been so many more. We're always susceptible to a breakdown in the last 10-15 minutes, as seen at the weekend, which is sadly what happens when you have a playing style as intense as ours. 

I think we'll score in Rome as well. I know Barcelona couldn't, but our front three are honestly unplayable at the moment. Defensively is, as usual, the big concern. There can't ever be comfort whilst Lovren is on the pitch, and Perrotti had the run of Alexander-Arnold when he was on.

It's some accomplishment in itself how one team can go from looking so good to so crap within a matter of moments.

7 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Know theres a few Rovers fans here. Hope your enjoying a few drinks tonight. Been a long time since we had anything to celebrate. 

I'm absolutely chuffed with going up at the first attempt. We've had a rotten decade so far so it's nice to have something to celebrate. I'm glad that big Charlie Mulgrew scored the goal to send us up. That's his 14th of the season which is crazy considering he plays at centre back. 

17 hours ago, DCW said:

Is there any particular reason Arsenal fans want Viera as manager besides nostalgia? Being a great PL player didn't really translate in successful careers  for Keane, Shearer etc. Massive gamble on someone completely unproven as a top level manager.

I mentioned before that I like the idea of a Vieira (or even an Henry) because I feel like they must have been watching us enough to know the weak links and be ready to get rid of them immediately. For all the talk of someone to steady the ship, we're a pretty steady club already. Too steady. It'd be risky as hell but there's definitely an appeal to someone who will come in and play hatchet man. Even if they flame out in a season or so, I'd take some pleasure in having the squad culled and leaving a new manager with a slightly cleaner slate (although obviously this logic depends on Mislintat working out and refreshing the squad with decent players).

The flip side to this is Mikel Arteta. Maybe he's got a good tactical mind and maybe he's learned a lot from Pep, but I would hate that appointment with a vengeance. It's hard to imagine him walking into a dressing room full of players he was just playing with and showing the ruthlessness I'm looking for. I mean, for the record, I'm a Wenger loyalist, but as a player and as a managerial appointment, Arteta represents the very embodiment of late-Wenger decline. It would look like a vote for a status quo nobody is happy with. I want to say I'd hate it even more than Brendan Rodgers, but Brendan Rodgers is pretty hateable.

I hate saying this but Liverpool's run to the CL final, assuming they get this tie over the line, is remarkable. They've put 5 goals past their opponent in each knockout round and they still have another leg to score more. When they won it under Benitez you could at least needle them that they were boring each opponent into submission (wasn't there a particularly galling bus-parking at Juve?). This time their extremely likeable eleven is just blowing everyone away.

12 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Know theres a few Rovers fans here. Hope your enjoying a few drinks tonight. Been a long time since we had anything to celebrate. 

Belting night in Doncaster last night, sitting here at work is a right struggle.

Fantastic season even if it was in the third tier, Tony Mowbray has been a revelation, I wouldn't have expected to say that just over a year ago.

Hopefully the crooks will reward him with some funds this summer to make us competitive in the Championship.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Pinc said:

I hate saying this but Liverpool's run to the CL final, assuming they get this tie over the line, is remarkable. They've put 5 goals past their opponent in each knockout round and they still have another leg to score more. When they won it under Benitez you could at least needle them that they were boring each opponent into submission (wasn't there a particularly galling bus-parking at Juve?). This time their extremely likeable eleven is just blowing everyone away.

Yeah absolutely. Klopp has done an excellent job with them. Not only for the CL run, but turning them back into a consistent top 4 side. They have progressed a lot yet you can still identify where improvements can be made (in terms of bolstering the squad), so they have the potential to improve even further. Who on here was going on about how Klopp hasn't done a good job?

Probably Briefcase unless Adrian Durham posts on here the little tinker.

For all the stick our defence gets it's the midfield that let's us down imo. They're great at the hustle and bustle required for Kloppball but not one of them can slow the game down and control the tempo when needed. Find a guy like Jorginho playing next to Keita next season with a Henderson or Milner doing the simple stuff and that's a team that pushes on to the next level. 

Lovren still needs shooting out of a canon though.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah absolutely. Klopp has done an excellent job with them. Not only for the CL run, but turning them back into a consistent top 4 side. They have progressed a lot yet you can still identify where improvements can be made (in terms of bolstering the squad), so they have the potential to improve even further. Who on here was going on about how Klopp hasn't done a good job?

I think a few Liverpool fans were questioning Klopp in the 1st 3rd of the season.

I've been impressed with how Klopp has season-on-season made much needed changes; seeing the flaws in his teams and effectively finding the players needed to improve them - whether that be his team losing steam in his 1st season, or him addressing their defensive problems. You don't get that with Mourinho or Wenger, these days.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Find a guy like Jorginho playing next to Keita next season with Henderson working down the local chippy

Fixed that for you.

The fact that you already have Keita in place is a huge boost, excellent planning there. Somebody to break up play nicely will finish you off there. I would suggest a bit more creativity in midfield, but you don't seem to be missing it in terms of scoring goals at the moment...

Archived