General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Seeing Arsene Wenger getting treated like it's Alan Pardew leaving by some Arsenal supporters truly makes me ill and want to start putting salad cream on my crisps again (and I always said I'd never go there again.) I just checked the thread from last year and I said pretty much the same thing as I'm going to say now. From where I'm sitting, this "Wenger's bastard" shite should end as soon as he announced he was leaving. They've got their wish, now give him his due. But that's not how attention seeking cunts with their banners work. I hope he gets a good send off.

• Paid Members

It's the cunts like one of the fans they keep showing on Sky Sports News. This prick said something along the lines of "well yeah, he does deserve respect, but today it's about us. Let us enjoy our moment and celebrate today."

Celebrate? Get fucked.

I wasn't a fan of the idea before, but I think I'm quite up for one of Vieira or Henry taking the job. I get the idea of an Ancelotti to steady the ship, but I'm not sure I really want the ship steadied now. I kind of want it ruthlessly burned down. I like the idea of someone who's been genuinely pained watching us for the last couple of years and who knows instantly who has to go. I feel like someone who's been watching less closely might think, "oh, well that Mustafi's a World Cup winner, he must have something about him, I'll give him a chance to see how he does this year". "Calum Chambers? Young and English and there are rules about homegrown players, might be worth holding on to". But you'd think anyone who really cares, and who watches our every game, like an Henry obviously does, will go in and bin a bunch of them with little hesitation.

• Paid Members

After listening to Gazidis' comments more and more yesterday, I don't think it will be Ancelotti either. He kept going on about being bold and brave when choosing a manager. Ancelotti would be a logical move, but not brave. I think it's going to be somebody younger. This definitely puts Vieira and Arteta in the frame (don't think Henry can be considered a candidate yet), and also the likes of Jardim, Nagelsmann and Howe.

Don't think we should be looking at Joachim Loew. Club football is a whole different animal and it's been what - 16 years since he managed a club?

• Paid Members

Eriksson hits the posts from distance. Real dramatic end to the first half. Worth discussing, with the supporters going wild, the coaches showing emotion on the touchline and the prospect of another half of semi final action.

Danny Murphy: "hmmm ... think it got a deflection there."

I'll happily take a suspension if this is considered live chat, but this post to highlight how much of a dull cunt Danny Murphy is could have been made at any time of the day and night. We need Tony Schiavone and Andy Gray or something. BBC's commentators are horrendous.

• Paid Members

Sunderland are fucked, aren't they? 

Over £100m in debt, players that are going to be earning Premier League wages in L1(due to not putting relegation clauses in contracts) and tiny crowds(by their standards) rattling around a big stadium showing off their sun bleached seats. It's beggars belief how badly run they have been off the field when you consider how much money they have been raking in from TV money, and now parachute payments...

• Paid Members

Great win by United. Big players stepped up when it mattered, as did those that are usually criticised. 

Jose gets a lot of stick, but you hardly hear the same for Poch when you could consider this season a failure. It'll be interesting to see the fallout for him after this.

• Paid Members

Poch's comments that this cup semi wasn't must win were quite telling. OK, maybe he feels he has lots of time to win trophies - but we really needed that trophy this year for those players. And not starting Toby or Hugo...just not great. Poch is getting a lot more questions asked about certain things he does within the fanbase than he is in the media.

That's the end of our season, anyway.

Archived