General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

What the fuck has happened to Alexis Sanchez? When he first came to the county, he was devastatingly good, but he just looks like a shell of his former self now.

He was devastatingly good last week when he set 3 United goals up in the space of 10 minutes when Michael Carrick bollocked the United team at half time and told them to go for it. Man United is less about individual brilliance and more about what the manager wants to see. Hence why you see 2 defensive midfielders at home in a Champions League game they need to score in. Sanchez cant really do much when you see his heat map and it shows he's spending most of his time on the left hand side of the halfway line.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

What the fuck has happened to Alexis Sanchez? When he first came to the county, he was devastatingly good, but he just looks like a shell of his former self now.

This guy named Arsene Wenger.

Danny Murphy says Rafa would be a great choice of next manager for Arsenal. Personally I still love Rafa but he's not exactly evolved with the way football is played. Given the tools he'd compete for top 4 but even Jose struggles to run games with the 6 and 4 approach to setting a team up and Arsenal fans wouldn't know what's hit them watching some of the football that style produces.

I think it's best for all concerned if they just poach B-Rodg from beyond the wall instead.

• Paid Members

Arsenal's problem has been at the back for years. I don't think Rafa is a crazy suggestion. He'd sort them out from the back first, play a system that allows them to be solid and wouldn't hold back the attacking players - albeit he'd demand more from them. I think the suggestion that he's no evolved is harsh considering how many teams use the 4-2-3-1 he loved a decade ago.

If there are any questions of him as a coach or a motivator I think you just look at the suggestion that clubs want to pay £20m for Jamaal Lascelles or the work Mo Diame is putting in with and without the ball.

Oh he's absolutely still a very good manager and is doing great work at Newcastle but he's not exactly doing anything with them that Woy, Pards, and Big Sam haven't done in the past. Getting a bunch of shit players to form a team that performs better than the sum of its parts should be like child's play to a guy like Rafa. 

I think Arsenal should have gotten a guy like Tuchel last season. They desperately need a trailblazer to come in and shake everything up.  

• Paid Members

Well Tuchel is apparently a no-go as everyone has reported that he's joining PSG next season. That's a double blow, as it also rules out somewhere for Wenger to move to. That does leave Unai Emery available. We could certainly do worse.

It's moot anyway, until next year when Wenger's contract is up again, and he'll just decide to offer himself another 2 year contract. Even Niall Quinn sacked himself as manager while he was also Sunderland chairman!

Arsenal were also linked to the Monaco coach who has done really well but would be just be another Wenger? (developing talent, selling them & being thumped by rivals).

As for Wenger given all the drama last year around his contract he would need to announce its his last season right? Otherwise it will be the same media circus again of if he will sign or not sign which appeared to cause unrest to both him and the team. Personally I think this two year deal is a smokescreen and he may walk this summer. 

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Arsenal were also linked to the Monaco coach who has done really well but would be just be another Wenger? (developing talent, selling them & being thumped by rivals).

Fucking hell.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I don't even know where to start with this so I'm not going to.

Give jaded Jose the heave-ho and get Rafa in. He finally deserves to have a few quid to spend after suffering through those Hicks twats and now poxy Mike Ashley. If Rafa can perform  miracles with the likes of Shelvey and Diame, imagine what he'd get out of Pogba, Rashford, Martial etc.

• Paid Members

Jardim's the bomb, and one of the most flexible managers around. His Monaco have had both the stingiest defence and deadliest attack in Europe at different points over the last few seasons, all with modest resources. Beating PSG to a league title's up there with Simeone's and Ranieri's as the best managerial feats in the modern game

Would kill to see him get the Chelsea job. Shame Poois' shiny fraudulent CV will prevail.

• Awards Moderator
30 minutes ago, DCW said:

Give jaded Jose the heave-ho and get Rafa in. He finally deserves to have a few quid to spend after suffering through those Hicks twats and now poxy Mike Ashley. If Rafa can perform  miracles with the likes of Shelvey and Diame, imagine what he'd get out of Pogba, Rashford, Martial etc.

There's more chance of Alan Pardew going to confession than Rafael Benitez managing Manchester United.

Archived